If I use my home WiFi to get on the internet, does that count against my data usage?
jpp_com

I'm all set to join Verizon for the first time, except for one thing. Unlike Sprint (terrible but improving speeds on their network), I see that my bill will be a bit higher with Verizon, which is not a problem since everyone I know (on Verizon) gets much faster speeds when they use their phone to get on the internet. So I decided to get the 4GB data package, except the customer service rep online at Verizon's website told me that even while using my phone through my WiFi setup at home, any time spent on the internet will count against my data usage. This seems outrageous, but she assured me it was the case. I've been told this is not the case by most people, but one person I talked to did back up her statement. Can anyone give me the truth on this? If I use my phone at home to get online, but first connect to my wireless connection, does that still count against my data usage? That would mean I'd go over the 4GB limit by like halfway through the month lol. Thanks everyone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes