Congested 4G During Most of Day
Cripes
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few weeks back I called Verizon after having a couple months of very slow 4G speeds. I started "troubleshooting" myself by running the Speedtest.net app. Anyway, I was sent a new SIM card (that did nothing to help) but thought I'd humor Verizon by letting them send me a new one. EVERY day I can use my phone between the hours of about 11pm and 7am and I will receive download speeds of 5-15 Mbps. Between about 7am and 11pm the speeds are horrifically slow. About 0.7 Mbps or worse. It's obvious network congestion on the towers I'm connected to near my home. I haven't called Verizon back, but after reading about the same issue from many other people on here I wonder if it's even worth my time to call them and play the game of denial on their part. It's funny, too, because I can drive 10 miles, connect to different towers, and have decent 4G speed. Then in 10 minutes drive back home and the speed is horrendous. Verizon, what do you recommend I do? I already had trouble tickets opened but was basically told there were no known issues in my area. My college educated brain tells me I have a correlation between time of day, download/upload speed, and obvious usage or lack of usage based on the times I'm receiving acceptable or unacceptable speeds.

Labels (1)
Re: Congested 4G During Most of Day
whootang12
Enthusiast - Level 3

same issues here in SF.  Completly unusable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

While I'm glad you're getting our 4g LTE speeds for some of the day, we definitely want to find out what's causing those great speeds to disappear the rest of the time. i'll need to look closer at your tickets and your account to find out what's going on. I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me back so you can send me a private message with your name and mobile number to get started.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
whootang12
Enthusiast - Level 3

please include me as well if possible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi wootang12,

We certainly appreciate the details relating to your service. Having the best speeds is definitely important. Upon review of the area I do show that our engineers are aware of data speed issues in your location. We're currently investigating the issue and evaluating improvement locations for the data issues at hand, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

whootang12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally, an acknowledgement that there is a problem and that it is not me making this up or an issue with my phone.  Thank you Matthew, it is appreciated (no sarcasm).  Do you have any idea on timelines to fix this?  I'm still within my 14 day return window and would prefer to have service that works.  Unfortunately, as of now, LTE generally doesn't work at my home, office, or on most of the path between the two while I'm on the N Judah train.   I would have to assume SF is one of your largest markets, it's not like I'm complaining from some random town in the middle of the country.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Whootang12
I want you to have the best possible service! Indoor service and traveling on a train can be challenging. Let's review your area and see if we have a timeline. What zip code are you in? What device do you have? Do you only have these slow downs between peak times? For example: 7am-5pm.

Sincerely,

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
whootang12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live in 94122, work in 94105.  I have an iPhone 5s.  I experience the issues in 94122 at all hours, but I'm only in 94105 during business hours. The "peak" times you mentioned are pretty much the entire day (I'm usually only awake 7am -11pm). It's not only bad while on the train, but also while waiting for the train to arrive or while sitting on a train that isn't moving (the train is above ground).  I've also experienced flaky behavior near 94129 last weekend (5 bars but no download possible).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi whootang12,

Thanks for this additional information. I check the zip codes and no reported issues have been reported besides the one you mentioned. Are you having these issues on the indoors or the outdoors? Also, bear in mind that trains can interfere with the signal and service can vary because of their metal structure inside and outside. Here's a suggestion you can try http://tiny.cc/zqpe4w.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   

0 Likes
slamtilt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear Wireless Customer Support, as an example for the 94105 area code, please review my open (hopefully) ticket.  As ticket numbers are usually removed by the moderator, please contact me directly.  

Also, please review this unresolved thread: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/984878#984878

0 Likes