Signal Interference with Network Extender
nick_moore

My place of Business recently installed Verizon Network Extenders throughout the office. I prefer to not be on the Network Extender as the service has always been good from my desk (by the window) and our company network is very slow. My phone (Galaxy Nexus) now just cycles from 4G to 3G to No Data and occasionally 1X. This continues to cycle every few minutes. This makes my battery last a few hours and my phone is basically worthless. I thought maybe it was a phone issue, but I never notice this happening outside of our office. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get my signal back?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signal Interference with Network Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes! The Verizon Wireless Network Extender enhances indoor coverage to provide more reliable service and shouldn't do the opposite nick.moore! With the Nexus, we are unable to disable the 3G capability. Signal will fluctuate when 4G is not available. Your employer can remove you off the list if you were added. You can check if you are connected to the Network Extender by dialing #48 from your mobile phone to receive an audio announcement.

You may also turn off your cellular data while at work and use WiFi only if it is available.

Here is more information about the Network Extender: http://support.verizonwireless.com/faqs/Equipment/network_extender.html

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
nick_moore

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately Wifi is not available. I have been both added and taken off of the Network Extender. It really just appears to be causing the interference with my signal. I had strong 4G signal from my desk. Now I get the cycling that I mentioned in the first message. I believe there are others in the office with VZW service that are not connected to our company Extender seeing the same issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details nick.moore!

I want to make sure we cover all available options for your workplace. What happens to your service when you are added and connected to the Network Extender list? Are there any places in the building where service is good?

Is there a way you can confirm the GPS antennas are attached and operating? Here's the info: http://vz.to/16pRTSM

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nick_moore

When I was added to the Network Extender a while back, my phone would not connect to it for some reason. The Network Extender in our office is very slow as it is connected to the company network which is already bogged down. I would rather not be on it as I should be getting solid 4G where I sit. I have not moved from my location in the last year or so and have always had solid 4G.... Until the Network Extenders were added.

I cannot do much with our Company System as I am not an IT person. I sit directly under a GPS antenna. Others in my area on the Extender claim it is working for them. The other VZW customer that is not on the company plan that sits near me is having the same problems that I am having.

As soon as I get away from our building, my 4G comes back solid and I have no further issues.

0 Likes