Re: 4G Markets in WV
chrislipscomb

Adding to our frustration in Clarksburg, WV, is that we do not even have access to 3G service while we wait!  I would hope that this would put us nearer to the top of the list of 4G upgrades.

I am using a Droid 2 on a 1X system!  Does that make me look foolish for spending the money on the device and the wireless hotspot feature?  Or does it make Verizon look complacent and foolish for selling these devices which will likely become obsolete before the network here can handle them.

To add insult to injury, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find phones which do not require data packages (even though we have only 1X data coverage) for my secondary phone.

I purchased this Droid 2, 1.5 years ago based on my past experience with Verizon being so quick to expand services, and I am beginning to feel as though North Central West Virginia is off the grid.  I will certainly not be extending my contract or upgrading my devices until I have more certainty.  As a matter of fact, with two other carriers already having 3G here, and our best hope being end of 2013, I have time to carry a full contract with another carrier so I can at least have 3G while I wait!!!

0 Likes