Re: 4G Markets in WV
BURG

They seem to be finished working at the hotel....just waiting for verizon to activate the towers.

0 Likes
wvu2012

O ok it really stinks becuz I got the new Samsung Galaxy S3 and the phone is basically worthless.  Lets see what everyone thinks of this situation. So everyone on Verizon is on extended network which essentially means that we are using US Cellular towers in Morgantown.  They have an agreement with Verizon that lets them do that for their customers.  Apparently US Cellular is getting 4G in October of this year. Does this mean that all of the Verizon customers will be using US Cellular's 4G network? I ran this by a Verizon rep and they said yes, not too sure tho.

0 Likes
richrcp

There is actually 2 different rumors as to why there is no 4G in Morgantown at this time. Both have been relayed to me by Radio Shack, and the VZW authorized agent locations. 1.) The severe weather that we had last month has put everything behind and delayed the launch for at least 2 months. 2.) VZW is in a dispute with US Cellular over rights to the area which they have until february 2013 ( Morgantown will launch at that time????? ) I live in Clarksburg, and was told in December 2011 when 3G launched here that we would have 4G by June 2012.  Everything  I have read states WV will be completed by the end of 2013, save yourself the frustration and look for the launch at that time!!!!

0 Likes
oilfieldmudman
Enthusiast - Level 2

For those of you that would like to see better Verizon Wireless coverage in north central West Virginia please send an email to the following address (edited post to removed email address to comply with) she is the public relations manager for Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Laura will respond quickly to your emails. We need all the support we can get on this matter so please take a few minutes and email her and tell her why having better Verizon Wireless Coverage is important to you. And please get as many of your friends, family and co-workers involved if they feel we could benefit from improved Verizon Wireless coverage!

Thank You All

Kindest Regards

Jason E.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
WeirtonMikeD

Here in weirton we are slowly getting 4g coverage. On the hills of weirton heights and marland heights we have either 4g extended or complete 4g coverage and the maps have updated to show that.

I like the fact that I have 4g in weirton 65% of the time. Sad thing is follansbee, wheeling, new cumberland and steubenville only have 3g.

0 Likes
WeirtonMikeD

the verizon wireless page NOW shows morgantown having 3g.

0 Likes
richrcp

Not sure what your looking at but the the map shows Morgantown as 1X for data. But when your in Morgantown your phone will show extended network, which is us celular service.

0 Likes
Gmancometh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, I'm not sure what map you are looking at, but I don't see any of the maps showing Morgantown having 3 or 4G. Look at the entire coverage map for West Virginia. It's the worst state east of the Mississippi. It just goes to show what a dump of a state it is and what the biggest player in wireless communications, Verizon, thinks of the financial gain (or lack of) in the state itself. I'm so glad that I live in the Pittsburgh area, but unfortunately my fiance lives in Morganhole and I travel there often.

0 Likes
DroidRoot

Windstream is stringing new fiber optic cable for 4g service from Morgantown to Huntington.  They were going through Clarksburg last week.

0 Likes
Gmancometh
Enthusiast - Level 3

What does that have to do with Verizon Wireless 4gLTE service? Educate me.

0 Likes