Re: Thunderbolt Reboot Issue
shawnshine
Enthusiast - Level 3
ALL, It has been suggested to me (more like shouted at) that this is NOT a 4G issue (take it with a grain of salt. a lot of salt). That this is, in fact, a problem with 3G eHRPD and and how the phone and towers handle signal hand-offs. In particular I'm told that by turning off eHRPD I've masked the problem by disabling the cause inadvertently thinking it was a 4G issue and trying to force the phone from 1x into standard 3G. Maybe, maybe not. We'll see. A friend (the shouter) an I were reading some of the forums and he came across a post that came supposedly from a "cellular tech" (whatever that means) that says that the standard 3G protocol for Verizon is that it only handles data and that the eHRPD protocol is what enables simultaneous Voice and Data in 3G. Anyone out there that confirm this please post. We are experimenting with setting our phones into 4G LTE only mode (no 3G at all) and we're hoping for positive results. It seems that more and more posts are starting to pop up where people who are in 4G coverage all day have few in any reboots, but once they get to a 3G area the reboots start up again. I will post back tomorrow if I've had any issues with it. But, with 100% certainty, I can say with 3G standard only (no eHRPD) I've had NO problems what-so-ever, and I've had decent battery life to boot.
0 Likes