Re: Verizon 4G LTE 700 MHz Interference at Mexican Border San Diego
MagicMEB

@Tigerstep wrote:

@MEasties wrote:

This thread and its lack of resolution has clinched it. I'm switching my company's service to T-Mobile today.

The only sensible reaction in this thread.

People drilling Verizon reps for updates, I'm not sure what they expect from people who deal with billing, not radio bands. You don't yell at the person behind the deli at Walmart for an issue in automotive.

Verizon or any carrier can't just purchase spectrum like it's a soda in a vending machine. That takes red tape with the FCC. The best option for now if you have spotty service is switch to another carrier then port back once the two telecoms have an agreement.

Yep.  I'm 14 miles from the border but have definitely noticed the decline in data speed and connectivity.  In the supermarkets and restaurants and movie theaters where I've had no signficant connectivity issues in the past, suddendly I was having issues starting in August.

I'm sick and tired of waiting for Verizon and the respective governments to do something.  I still had a couple of months left on my contract but, yesterday, a Verizon rep told me they are authorized to end some contracts early with no penalty.  So, early next week, I will be switching to AT&T.

I might come back to Verizon if the issue ever gets resolved.  I had AT&T in 2007 to about 2013 and I wasn't unhappy except when I traveled outside of California.  We are traveling less these days, so I might stick with AT&T.  I think AT&T covers San Diego better than Verizon does.

0 Likes