Bad reception in one part of Bloomfield, CT - Is a local company using a reception blocking device?
ttillin591
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is there such bad reception at 1330 Blue Hills Ave., Bloomfield, CT 06002.  There are offices located here and no one that has Verizon has service inside or outside the building.  Once moving away from the building (.25-.5 miles) reception is fine as normal but near the building inside/outside service is terrible.  There are close to 1000+ employees working in this area and many of those with Verizon are looking to T-Mobile who has complety fine service in this area.v  Is there a local company blocking service to improve productivity?  This seems to be the only reasonable explanation as Verizon's service map shows the area as being covered.

0 Likes
Re: Bad reception in one part of Bloomfield, CT - Is a local company using a reception blocking device?
ttillin591
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon was not helpful and seemed unwilling to look into the reception issue.  They blamed it on "foilage" which is non-existent and said I needed to use WiFi which isn't availble here where I work.  I filed an informal compliant with the FCC so hopefully that will get them to at least look into the service issue in an area that's listed as fully covered on Verizon's own coverage map.  

0 Likes