Re: How slow is deprioritization/throttling? Can’t decide between gounlimtied or beyondunlimited.
BRESTO47
Enthusiast - Level 3

You don't want Go Unlimited.   

Anything but that.  It's like being back in 2003 trying to surf the 'net on a flip phone.  During deprioritation I  get like .10 down and .43 up.  

Prior to August 2018, I had 16 GB of data...the good kind....the kind you pay for and does not get throttled.   

In August 2018, I stupidly allowed the sales person to talk me out of keeping my 16 GB and for the same price switch to the Go Unlimited.  I am not the awesome Verizon Wireless Expert that boringusername (Mr. b.u.n.)  is. I talked to the sales person and in earshot of the manager and another sales person when I asked what would cause me to get throttled (b.u.n. said it isn't throttling...but that was the word I used.)  I was told that I would NOT have slower internet unless I used a lot of data but it would have to be lots and lots...like 15 or 20 GB.   We discussed it for several minutes because I have heard this kind of nighmare, but only YEARS ago and with carriers that weren't as reliable then. And only if the user consumed too much data. 

I first noticed this problem at 8 p.m. one night in February...again in April. But I found excuses for it.

And, I"ve noticed that my tablet is useless because it is so slow on Verizon data.   Without WIFI, other functions do not work.  

I cannot imagine why Verizon would allow employees to push his kind of a plan on people who are perfectly happy paying for more expensive data.  Well, except that it was about the same price...maybe $5-$10 difference tan my 16 GB with extra data every month. 

But, I should have been more like Mr. b.u.n.  Unlike him, I didn't rush home to read my agreement on the new service.  Silly Low IQ Me!  I declare!  Seems like I must still believe in that people are basically honest.  My bad.  I also didn't realize that Verizon would allow their employes to say dishonest things or provide a service that would be depriortized daily!?  I mean, WHY are we even paying for it?  And, why would the employee  push that on me?  I didn't ask for it. AT ALL.  I was happy.  No concerns. 

That is over.I don't know why anyone  would want this fragile coverage.  It is like 2D. 

When I called to report that my phone data was in terrible shape a few days ago, it was in the middle of the day.  There was an outage in my neighborhood on my cable.  I had work to do.  For two hours, I checked it and I was in Depriortization H3ll. I called Verizon and the digital CSR  wasted my time, then I talked to someone in a country where English isn't the normal language.  Bless his heart, he told me I had a "discounted plan" that depriortized data.   Finally, I talked to another lady after calling back. She said I could not get my old plan back, it was no longer available.  However, she helped me get enough speed to do what I needed to right then.  

I have a Google FI phone  and since the nightmare of Go Unlimited  it's so much better than my Verizon Data.  It costs $10 for 1-6 Gigs and $60 for unlimited data, but ONLY if you use it. I have seen it pulling ahead of the Verizon service I have  (now I know why) and plan to adjust my verizon bill down to the bare miniumum next week and my Google Fi phone  will get a work out until I am sure it's the service I want.  This time, I've got my head on straight like Mr. b.u.n.  

Finally, I posted about this on Monday.  ChristineK_VZW posted a form letter response in which she states that Verizon wants me to understand my plan fully, and letting me know I can change my plan, or see FAQs.  And, then she locked the thread.

ChristineK_VZW, you could have at least responded with one line or an email or a call. that form letter didn't help matters. 

This plan is trash if you do not have access to good Wifi all the time.  It was terrible to realize I have been paying for this so that it was there if  needed it.  Again, if only I could be like Mr. (or Ms.) b.u.n.