Re: Waiving ETF with bad reception
Snn5
Legend

Any success in service or carrier change?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Joebadreception wrote:

I called and they said "we don't guarantee service in buildings".  I'm fine with this policy because you never know who works or lives in a Faraday cage, but considering all the other major carriers have service here, so should Verizon.

It is also possible the other carriers have towers in more strategic places for your building than Verizon, the reason why everyone should shop for the provider which is best for their needs. The same provider will not be best for all users and in other areas where you require service it is possible the other major carriers will have a signal not to your satisfaction. NO PROVIDER has the best signal in all areas.

0 Likes
Joebadreception
Enthusiast - Level 2

In response to Snn5, I have not had any luck, but I've only called one more time as I was out of town for most of the past week.

In response to rcschnoor, it's definitely about placement.  The other companies have directed their signals better.  When we first moved to this building, only the Sprint folks here had good service.  The two people who have ATT complained to ATT and ATT fixed the service here within a week.  That's why they can all get 4G.  I didn't move to this building until a couple years ago and had decent service where I was before for the many years prior.  You are correct that no provider has the best signal everywhere, but at least the other folks are getting signal.  I can barely get anything.  And after multiple calls it still seems Verizon doesn't care.

0 Likes
Joebadreception
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I decided I'm not going to let this go.  I have been calling once a week then this week someone finally decided to do something.  Techs came out and claimed "the area is a known trouble area with weak service.  More towers are planned".  I asked when and they said they have no clue.  Could be years.  I complained that I have been paying them money and they are not providing a service in return, and that I see this as then stealing from me.  They said that because the outdoor service is passable they can't waive the ETF.  I told them there were two routes:

1.  You waive the ETF, I move to ATT, and I leave the other 3 lines on my Verizon account since they're relatively happy with the service.

2.  You don't waive the ETF, I pay the $300 (or whatever it is), then once the other 3 lines are done with their contracts, I pull them all on to my ATT plan out of spite.  In addition, I will pay my friends' ETFs so you lose them too.  I have the disposable income, I just felt it was wrong to not care about your customers.

So the choice was lose one customer and $300, or four+ customers because you won't waive the $300.  They got a manager on and within 5 minutes the ETF was waived.  In all, this took 7 calls.  They should have just done this from the first call.  I'm happy with ATT now, my family is happy with Verizon and I didn't have to pay the ETF.  Persistence has paid off.  I still think it's lame it took this long though.

View solution in original post

0 Likes