Re: Has 4G slowed drastically since last week for you too?
CoreySimo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Jennifer,

I was also thinking about foliage coming in with it being spring time, however it was more like a switch was flipped. We had been using the internet quite a bit that week using the hotspot USB, and then it just stopped. I thought something was wrong, so I went to do some speed tests and they showed very slow speeds (and took a long time to load the page).

Both my wife and I have not had any changes to our phones (cases, screen protectors, SIM cards, etc...).

Also, I do not think the landscape has changed at all since the state owns most of the land between us and the tower, and the rest of it is farm land.

I have tried restarting the phones and turning them to airplane mode and back, but I have not tried removing the SIM cards yet. I'll try that tonight.

I have also noticed that the upload speeds on my phone (while at my house) are still very high and it only seems to be the download speeds that have dropped.

I'll keep trying to collect more data on what could be causing it.

Do you happen to have a map of the closest towers? I know where two are, but I was wondering if you had all in the area along with if they do 4GLTE or only 3G and Voice.

Thanks again,

Corey S.

0 Likes