Re: Poor 4G LTE coverage in 80601
LeamNoran
Enthusiast - Level 1

FWIW, Verizon Wireless in Denver, Arvada, Boulder, Longmont, Loveland, the plains is all mediocre. They haven't done any network upgrades in Colorado in several years and it's rotting on the vine. There are huge subdivisions with hundreds of homes willing to pay Verizon money for wireless coverage and they won't deliver. I haven't figured out if it's because they don't know how to cover a metropolitan/suburban area that involves hills, or what it is. They also haven't seemed to have deployed any of their band 4 LTE (what they call "XLTE") in the Boulder/Longmont/Loveland area which would help them with capacity. They have the licenses, they're just not using them.

I've done drive trips through the Colorado high country along I-70, Colorado 141, down to Durango, up through the middle, out to Salida, down to Colorado Springs and points south. Verizon isn't any better than anyone else in Colorado, they roam when AT&T or T-Mobile roams, they don't have service when everyone else is no service.

I've filed various trouble tickets with Verizon for the Boulder-Longmont area and they even allegedly "sent a truck" to diagnose their wireless network. I live in a 9 square mile area where they claim to have strong LTE coverage, it's weak EVDO, 1x or no service throughout. Indoor reception is impossible. Save your money and go somewhere else.

Your best bet is one of the two major GSM carriers, the smaller of the two just deployed a new LTE network that completely fills in all of their coverage holes along the front range but it requires a new phone that does the new network band. The larger of the two has spent millions (their numbers) upgrading their network throughout Colorado.

Wish Verizon would do something about their network out here. They used to be the best, and in a few years they've fallen to third place.

View solution in original post