Re: Throttling 4G LTE
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Sprint and T-Mobile still have truly Unlimited data. No cap. Check it out, it's common knowledge. Of course Sprint's network is very limited in most areas and T-Mobile is only in major cities.

If this new throttling isn't geared towards punishing Unlimited Data users why are they the only ones being targeted? It's very simple what they are doing. They're plan is to make staying on Unlimited Data pointless. If they slow your speed down to 3G or more than likely Edge to the point it's unusable they are hoping those users will move to the more expensive More Everything plans.

Right now I have Unlimited Data on 2 lines. $29.99 per line plus $9.99 a line access fee. What does Verizon charge per line access fee right now? $40 per line. Then take on the price for data. I'm a heavy user since I stream music and use my phone for navigation. I have 3 emails accounts. So add $80 for data. That's $160 before taxes and surcharges. Going to be way more that the $153 a month I pay now.

I guess if you are narrow minded and don't look at the big picture then this isn't an attempt at a money grab. Even the FCC chairman sees this for what it is.

0 Likes