Re: Z3v cannot send texts after Lollipop 5.1.1 update
Strumph
Enthusiast - Level 3

StaciP910 you need to log onto your Verizon Wireless account and add HD Voice to your account (it's free). After you do that have to go into your phone settings and activate Advanced Calling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Trixter, we totally understand importantce of being able to send and receive text messages.  Are you using a 3rd party text messaging application or the text messaging feature on tyour device?

Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your phone?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Danismith330, we take this very serious. What happens when you try to send or retrieve a text message on your device. Have you downloaded any 3rd party text messgaing applications to your phone?

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mighty689
Enthusiast - Level 2

To the Verizon Wireless Customer Support person responding here,

I don't know if you've personally read all the messages in this thread, but if you have done so, I think for the most part, all our details have been laid out. Most of us have not installed any 3rd party text applications. We have the default SONY Messaging, Verizon Message+, and possibly Google Hangouts.

After the recent Lollipop update, when we try to send a text message using SONY Messaging, a little gray bubble pops up with the words "Could not send". Verizon Message+ works in sending text messages, but I think most of us here in this thread have been using SONY Messaging as our default text application and would prefer to do so. Only a factory reset of the phone has been proven to completely resolve this issue, but some of us do not wish to factory reset the phone for various reasons.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BearAspirin,

That is great to hear! Please keep us updated on any changes. We want to make sure you are all set. Do you have any additional concerns or questions?
JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
bdarby42

I too am experiencing this issue. I'm using an xperia z3v and after the update my default texting app, Messaging (by Sony, I believe), is no longer working nor any 3rd party app I have subsequently tried. The only app that is working for me is Message+ by Verizon. I do not want to use the Verizon app, nor should I be required to. As far as I can tell, this is not an isolated incident. I believe most, if not all, Verizon xperia z3v users who have installed the update are experiencing this problem. I would hope a fix is already in the works as this severely limits one of our phone's most basic and important features. When can we expect this problem to be fixed?

0 Likes
Moviemaniac1982
Enthusiast - Level 3

Factory reset fixes all the problems. once you factory reset there is also a option to restore all your apps. Make sure you are connected on WiFi. I wasn't and hit my data limit on accident. Also if you have any emulators move your games and save files to your SD card. Again I didn't and lost all my saves...

0 Likes
StaciP910
Enthusiast - Level 2

Strumph,

Thank you, I don't recall seeing that step. Is it me or does it seem the update process is not as seamless as it could be?

Staci

0 Likes
StaciP910
Enthusiast - Level 2

Stylerod,

Really? That's good to know. Thank you. Inconvenient and yes, a pain to set up preferences and everything again. Still wonder why VZW tech support can't seem to offer any expertise. Just found out I have to 'add' HD Voice on my account profile to get the new voice features, i.e. simultaneous voice and data. Process should be more seamless.

Staci