Re: Z3v cannot send texts after Lollipop 5.1.1 update
zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

You still with me ?

0 Likes
BearAspirin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Following up to let everyone know a factory reset did the trick. Now I just have to get all my apps again because Google forgot my backup existed

0 Likes
chocoholic

I gave in and just did factory reset 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Verizon Wireless Community<forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote: img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

You have been mentioned

by zachariahpope in Re: Z3v cannot send texts after Lollipop 5.1.1 update in Verizon Wireless Community - View zachariahpope's reference to you

Wonderful. Then lets try a few things that may help resolve this issue chocoholic Since we know the factory reset solves the bug, we know that the cause of it  stems from residual data.. So let me start by clarifying the issue you're having is that you are unable to send a text in Sony's Messaging app. When you try to send a message are you seeing a notification that says "could not be sent".... Assuming all this is correct let me ask you what sms app are you using now in place of Sony's app? The two stock alternatives are Hangouts and Message+... Or are you currently using a third party Messaging app in place of Sony's?

Participate in the conversation by replying to this email

To stop receiving these messages whenever you are mentioned, go to your preferences and disable notifications for direct social actions.

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
mighty689
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue for me here, and hoping not to have do a factory reset.  Ridiculous that this is even an issue. It should be one of the most basic regression tests to try messaging before pushing out the update to everyone.

zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glad everyone has the issue solved at least 🙂 that's good news that factory reset has now been proven to resolve the issue for everyone successfully

0 Likes
zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

What I was going to suggest doing if you don't want to have to do a factory reset is to go into Settings-->Application manager and then swipe over to the right twice to display All Apps and find 'Messaging' 'Message+' and Hangouts. For all three of those clear data, clear cache, and clear default if you have one of those three as your default Messaging app. I also want you to DISABLE each of those three apps... And uninstall any other 3rd party Messaging app you are using if that applies. Once you've done that obviously you have no way to receive texts for a minute but that's ok Google play and download Chomp SMS. Open chomp and in the top right menu select "Delete All" make sure you check the box that says include locked messaged even if you don't have any. Now reboot your phone. Go back to settings-->app manager -->all apps and re enable Hangouts, Messaging, and Message + and uninstall chomp if you want... Then test the Sony Messaging app and I believe it will be working. Please let me know... This applies to anyone who doesn't want to factory reset but would like to try and resolve the issue another way.

0 Likes
mighty689
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went through all the steps you mentioned in the order above, but it didn't change anything (other than that I obviously have no old conversations left on my phone). The Verizon Message+ still works, but the SONY Messaging app doesn't work still

0 Likes
zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow sorry I was really hoping that would do it for you. I have one more thing you can try. In Sony's Messaging app go to settings and turn off allow push messages then try to send a message. It'll probable fail, but reboot once if it does, toggle it back on and see if it'll work then. That's the last thing I can think of you could try, but give it a go.

0 Likes
zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also luckily verizons Messaging app has a restore txts where feature where u can get messages back up to the last 30 days by selecting restore from online

0 Likes
zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

i have found another bug with Xperia keyboard under language and input in settings I change the option to Never have my words and typos replaced but the text stays unchanged from "always correct my typos" let me know if thats happening for you guys as well

0 Likes