Re: Will the new Sony Xperia XZ work on verizon?
CapnSeahawk

This link is NOT helpful for people that are trying to see if a particular model of phone is compatible as It forces you to put in a serial number before it will spit out any info at all.   How does this help?

0 Likes
MPV350
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would not go by anything that Verizon has to offer for checking the compatibility of your phone. What you need to know is... Does my phone support band 13 (700Mhz) frequency. If so, then they are mandated to let you on the network. Band 13 is LTE, so if your phone ever does not support CDMA like the XZ premium doesn't, then you will NEVER get traditional calls and texts over the current network. Now if Verizon finally ditches CDMA and goes Strictly to LTE only then you have a chance. What you really need is someone who is good at their job in tech support on the phone. Anyone who is just running by the script will quickly write you off and say that it can't be done.

0 Likes
AppleMasterDroidLover
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently work at best buy with Verizon, Sprint and At&t.

I'm considering purchasing a premium tomorrow to check out and see if one of my SIMs that's active but.not in any phone for the moment will work.

I am a certified mobile expert. So I will let you know tomorrow if this works.

As long as the band and freqs are there I will get it to work barring some unforseen extremely rare or odd issue.

I have been able to get my clients get their Axon 7's activated with ease on Verizon.  The Axon is not officially supported by big red either but just adding and making sure the APN IS correct is simple as pie and only takes a minute or two.

I will let you know if I get the xZ-pre or I might wait for the essential phone.

0 Likes
AppleMasterDroidLover
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will look for the model number on the box at work tomorrow. If you can send me a PM (If that's possible on here) I can send you my work vendor device phone # so you can text and remind me tomorrow. If not I'll try to remember to reply to this thread.

0 Likes
valtbn

Does anyone got it working with vzw? I've tried but without success. And regarding the video where the guy get the verizon wireless on the top left corner, mine did the exact same thing but only when I added the sim on the tray2.

0 Likes
MPV350
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have switched to T-Mobile after unsuccessfully finding an app to

seamlessly do call and text while using my old number. Verizon has now

locked me out of the community pages. Not even sure if replying via email

like this will get to you.

0 Likes
valtbn

Hey I got this message! No problem I will appreciate your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

waltbn We are here to help you. Please clarify what message you received so we can investigate.

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MPV350
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, great! The Sim you are using... Is it a Verizon Sim that is already

activated or is it new?

0 Likes
valtbn

Already active one. I am using a z3V with HD calling and everything working as well. I just want to know what should I do to get it working on the XZ Premium Smiley Happy

0 Likes