Will the Xperia Z be on Verizon?
atkearns
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

How can I find out if Verizon Wireless will get the Xperia Z any time soon? And if Verizon Wireless is not going to carry this specific phone, is it possible to still use it on VZW if I purchase an unlocked version of the phone?

Also, as more of a general question.. what's the best source to determine launch dates of new phones in the U.S. and which carriers will be offering them?

Thanks,

Andrew

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Xperia Z on Verizon??
crzyazn_dude
Enthusiast - Level 3

It looks like as of right now, the Xperia Z and ZL will not come to Verizon. They (Sony) just released a map showing coverage of LTE around the globe according to their bands. Verizon (LTE band 13) is not included, only AT&T. Hopefully they will change this in the future but a Sony phone on Verizon is looking less likely now.

Here is a source link:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/01/24/sony-provides-lte-map-for-xperia-smartphones/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
crzyazn_dude
Enthusiast - Level 3

My question to Verizon's Facebook page yielded the response of "no information at this time."

As of right now it doesn't look too good because Sony's website does not include any information about a CDMA version or an LTE band that is compatible on Verizon so getting an unlocked phone wouldn't work.

Unless Sony makes a CDMA variant or Verizon request the phone for the network, we won't get the phone.

I am not putting too much faith in getting this phone on Verizon but I am hoping to be wrong.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your question has been asked before.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/791899

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
atkearns
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks I did not see this one..

0 Likes
atkearns
Enthusiast - Level 3

In general though, where can I go to find out news of what phones are going to be available for certain carriers? Is there a good central place to find this info?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any of the Android blog sites.

I usually check Android Central or Android Police.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

crzyazn_dude
Enthusiast - Level 3

It looks like as of right now, the Xperia Z and ZL will not come to Verizon. They (Sony) just released a map showing coverage of LTE around the globe according to their bands. Verizon (LTE band 13) is not included, only AT&T. Hopefully they will change this in the future but a Sony phone on Verizon is looking less likely now.

Here is a source link:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/01/24/sony-provides-lte-map-for-xperia-smartphones/

0 Likes
atkearns
Enthusiast - Level 3

What about this row?

IV (4)1710 MHz to 1755 MHz2110 MHz to 2155 MHzAWS1700 MHzCanada, Latin America, US (AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile USA, Verizon Wireless, MetroPCS)Xperia™ ion, Xperia™ TL, Xperia™ T, Xperia™ ZL (C6506)
0 Likes
crzyazn_dude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh, I guess I overlooked that row. I personally believe it is a typo because looking up the LTE bands on Wikipedia (I know it isn't an extremely reliable source) Verizon is on band 13 using the 700 MHz not band 4 which AT&T uses at 1700 MHz.

0 Likes
atkearns
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was hoping for the Z anyway, not the ZL.

Maybe I'll have to switch to AT&T..

Know of any comparable phones coming to VZW?

0 Likes