Why will my MMS messages not download while on wifi?
junbug
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an Experia z3v and for some reason my Multimedia messages will not download while using wifi. Can this be fixed or do I need to return and exchange my phone?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why will my MMS messages not download while on wifi?
Not applicable

Hello junbug,

Thank you for your inquiry concerning MMS over WiFi. MMS is a service offered through your VZW Account. Since it does require a DATA connection on our Mobile network, it will not send over an unsupported system such as your ISP's network. When you are connected to WiFi you are not using VZW for data. The only way it will send is as an attachment to a an emil. The reason for this is because you pay VZW for this service. When you send an MMS message your ability to do so is authenticated through our system and forwared to your desired recipient from the MESSAGE CENTER located on your local wireless switch. Hope this clarifies your question.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless you're using Verizon Messages, MMS will not send/receive over wi-fi ... they require a data connection (but they count against your text package, not your data plan).

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello junbug,

Thank you for your inquiry concerning MMS over WiFi. MMS is a service offered through your VZW Account. Since it does require a DATA connection on our Mobile network, it will not send over an unsupported system such as your ISP's network. When you are connected to WiFi you are not using VZW for data. The only way it will send is as an attachment to a an emil. The reason for this is because you pay VZW for this service. When you send an MMS message your ability to do so is authenticated through our system and forwared to your desired recipient from the MESSAGE CENTER located on your local wireless switch. Hope this clarifies your question.

0 Likes