Re: Where is Advanced Calling 1.0 for the Z3v?
NoAC1_0

Sony pulled out after carriers here (NA) pulled the Sony products, can't sell what the carriers pull, so Sony pulled out.

If someone pulled all your products would you pull out? Yes you would!

So why does the Z5 have a US release? Gotcha!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

3 months later without some hardware and a few missing software stuff. With the announcement of the Z6 around the corner(probably MWC). What makes you think Sony is going to sell a lot of them? They also deleted their storefront in NA. You have to get them from third party(probably the reason why they dropped features and hardware so they can make a profit). They are also selling less devices not on their Premium Z line than before.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Just look at release dates and tell me people would buy a product knowing a better one is coming out a couple months later... Z5 was release last year Nov. It is now Febuary. Z6 is supposed to be announced MWC as Sony still said they are doing a 6 month cycle. So would you buy a Z5 without a fingerprint scanner when you know MWC a newer one is coming out? Most people will not and that's why their sales are bad. Never mind carriers selling the phone

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

Not much room between Samsung, HTC, Motorola and God forbid iPhone.

VZW's stance is to protect the network, well having a unpatched phone is not much protection seeing it a vulnerable to attacks. 

If Lenovo puts their spin on the Motorola phones, the Moto's could become a nice brand again, right now IPS is it for me no AMOLED, Super,HD or otherwise, and yes the Pure has an IPS display.

With your attitude I can see why Sony would have a hard time selling in the US, you seem to be a Sony basher of sorts.

Me, I just bash Verizon for treating people like dogs.

We own you and your phone, Verizon!

Verizon CEO says -- "You'll pay, just try and do without a phone!"

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have owned EVERY Xperia Z device since teh original.  I have imported every single one of them...  I currently have the Z5 Premium, and at this point I already come to the conclusion that the Premium is going to be my last Sony phone. Go visit Xperia Care forum and you'll find out even their biggest fans are not happy with a lot of things.

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

Same can be said for any phone, go to Samsung, HTC, Motorola, iPhone, or LG, complaints on all.

Your point is getting lost on semantics, if you hate Sony just say so and move on.

I personally have a problem with Verizon and how it has lied to people that purchased a Sony Z3v in the hopes of getting support (OTA of new Android OSes) and AC 1.0 (VoLTE) and didn't, I am not here to argue about Sony but to get Verizon to do the right thing and fix this mistake it has created.

No amount of trying to push the blame on to someone else is going to work, I know Verizon lied to me not Sony, end of story!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

How is Verizon going to fix it when they don't code like you think they do? Manufacturers already admitted numerous times carriers don't touch code like you think they do. The Xperia Z3v even in a court of law(it's been down this path a lot since the G1) will say it's Sony product. Just because it has Verizon branded(to show which carrier it works on more than anything else and an old habit). Verizon(any carrier) doesn't even have access to manufacturers source code to do what you want Verizon to do.

Quite possibly that's why the Z4V was canceled. Quite possibly this is the reason why Verizon isn't picking up the Z5 line.

If Sony takes their sweet time or put minimum resources the longer you wait. Anyone on Xperia Care will tell you Sony is slow when it comes to any update. For example a WiFi fix hasn't happened for the Xperia Z5 and Z3 line that has been sorely needed. It's been 3 month. Bug is still there with the AOSP builds provided by Sony for Marshmallow. The beta Marshmallow people still have trouble with WiFi.

Other manufacturers may be slow but they are a lot faster when it comes to critical bugs than Sony is. Here in the states it may be delayed and bundled into a larger update, but using the Z5 line for example. 3 months 1 update. Camera fix and nothing else. No Bluetooth and WiFi fix no security fixes and such. Samsung had in the 3 months 3 updates to fix various issues. So did HTC with the M9. LG with the V10 had 2 major fixes. Need me to continue?

Sony is slow. When you get that then expect everything to come in slow. We already know Sony canceled all 5.X projects from what they said.

Just some food for thought. The T-mobile version actually said it would be getting 5.1.1 until Sony made that announcement. Shortly thereafter T-mobile pulled it off their update list and hasn't been put back to show 6.0. From Sony track record and what they have hinted a few times on Xperia Care. They don't start on carrier versions until they push out their code to their international version. So if that still holds true Sony won't start coding for the carrier versions until early March(confirmed date estimated by Sony) for at least the Z5 line.

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

Again, in my eyes and no matter what you say it is Verizon's fault, Verizon said it was going to have AC 1.0 not Sony, Verizon pulled the Z3v at 10 months not Sony, Sony has released two builds of Lollipop for the Z3v already, R2C and R4C, Verizon is at fault and as I have stated before your logic is flawed, you make no sound case that Sony has anything to do with the AC 1.0 (VoLTE) not arriving.

You go on and on about Sony but not about AC 1.0 (VoLTE) my main concern, Sony did not develop that technology that is Verizon and Verizon only.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Of course not, and that's why you still don't have what you want while the rest of the world has what you want...

Food for thought. Why does Europe get better support? Yes they have carrier testing, and bloatware. Yes they have multiyear contracts. Why are we so different? We blame the carrier for everything while the rest of the world blames... The manufacturer. Initially it didn't start out that way until Samsung back during the Galaxy S admitted carriers don't touch the code like people and the media said. Europeans shifted to blaming the manufacturer. So far results have been better. One reason why I always import my devices(except on Verizon, but I use a Nexus).

Tidbits
Legend

Sure I did even Sony did themselves. So did Motorola, Samsung, and HTC. Carriers don't touch the code. Carriers pay based on options set by the manufacturer to add to their code. Carriers do not get the source code from the manufacturers and modify it. That's the greatest FUD that was debunked by manufacturers themselves but people know better than manufacturers.

0 Likes