Where is Advanced Calling 1.0 for the Z3v?
NoAC1_0

Been a long time and no advanced calling 1.0 as promised for the Z3v, my God a person on just about any other carrier (that is not CDMA) can surf and talk at the same time, shoot I was able to up until I got this Z3v, which was said to be getting the advanced calling 1.0 ability soon after the release, my old crappy LG Spectrum could surf and talk on the VZW network without the advanced calling 1.0.

VZW killed the Z3v after 10 months of shelf life, so yes it is VZW's fault, the software to make advanced calling 1.0 is VZW's not Sony's.

VZW has approval from the FCC for Wi-Fi calling now.

I just want to be able to talk and surf at the same time as I could with my old LG Spectrum, we live in the space age, not the stone age.

Give us advanced calling 1.0 or give us a new phone at Verizon's expense that will 'cause Verizon has not delivered on its promise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where is Advanced Calling 1.0 for the Z3v?
Tidbits
Legend

How is Verizon going to fix it when they don't code like you think they do? Manufacturers already admitted numerous times carriers don't touch code like you think they do. The Xperia Z3v even in a court of law(it's been down this path a lot since the G1) will say it's Sony product. Just because it has Verizon branded(to show which carrier it works on more than anything else and an old habit). Verizon(any carrier) doesn't even have access to manufacturers source code to do what you want Verizon to do.

Quite possibly that's why the Z4V was canceled. Quite possibly this is the reason why Verizon isn't picking up the Z5 line.

If Sony takes their sweet time or put minimum resources the longer you wait. Anyone on Xperia Care will tell you Sony is slow when it comes to any update. For example a WiFi fix hasn't happened for the Xperia Z5 and Z3 line that has been sorely needed. It's been 3 month. Bug is still there with the AOSP builds provided by Sony for Marshmallow. The beta Marshmallow people still have trouble with WiFi.

Other manufacturers may be slow but they are a lot faster when it comes to critical bugs than Sony is. Here in the states it may be delayed and bundled into a larger update, but using the Z5 line for example. 3 months 1 update. Camera fix and nothing else. No Bluetooth and WiFi fix no security fixes and such. Samsung had in the 3 months 3 updates to fix various issues. So did HTC with the M9. LG with the V10 had 2 major fixes. Need me to continue?

Sony is slow. When you get that then expect everything to come in slow. We already know Sony canceled all 5.X projects from what they said.

Just some food for thought. The T-mobile version actually said it would be getting 5.1.1 until Sony made that announcement. Shortly thereafter T-mobile pulled it off their update list and hasn't been put back to show 6.0. From Sony track record and what they have hinted a few times on Xperia Care. They don't start on carrier versions until they push out their code to their international version. So if that still holds true Sony won't start coding for the carrier versions until early March(confirmed date estimated by Sony) for at least the Z5 line.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LG Spectrum had two radios in it to handle simultaneous voice and data. The Sony phone only has one.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NoAC1.0 - The Advance Calling 1.0 is a great feature to have.  Let's make sure that we get you the access you seek. What software do you currently have? Use this link to install system updates. vz.to/1G9cYSY
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Advanced calling is a combination of the hardware and software and carrier support.  Your older Sony has 0 for 3.

While that doesn't leave Verizon out of the blame game, it also puts Sony on the hot seat.  They have pulled out of the US market and are no long selling through ANY US carrier.  They have provided only 2 of the 4 updates required to bring your phone up to a stable 5.1.1 version of lollipop.  Because the first 2 versions were not bug free, they were not released  

And it was up to Sony to provide the code for the updates, which involves time and money, and they can't be bothered.

IF you contact Sony, they will claim they sent the updates.  True.  Do they work?  Not bug free they don't.

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

Yes that is correct it has two radios, that I already knew. And aware that the Sony has to rely on software to achieve the same results, am just asking where is that software for the Z3v.

Thank you for your response but I knew that answer already.

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

KitKat, Android Version 4.4.4, build # 23.0.E.1.44, as I understand it there is no advanced calling 1.0 for it.

Like I said Verizon needs to update the OS to Lollipop (which I understand has the AC 1.0) or issue a new phone at Verizon's expense to those customers that wish to switch to a phone that will do the AC 1.0 we were promised over a year ago.

Link does not work for me, typical Verizon.

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

Verizon dropped the Z3v after 10 months not Sony. Sony wants to thrive in the US, it seems the carrier's have other things in mind or should I say other phone manufactures.

I have a post on Verizon support way back early on that states "The Sony Z3v will receive AC 1.0 along with other brands of phones," so who is to blame? Sony didn't say that the Z3v would get the AC 1.0 Verizon did, so blame Sony for that, no really Sony's fault, nor was it Sony who pulled their product after 10 months, that was again Verizon.

Here is the sad thing, if I or anyone else found a CDMA phone that would work on Verizon's network unless it had 2 radios you would not get VoLTE or Wi-Fi calling 'cause Verizon has a proprietary software that only installs on phones Verizon wants it to.

We own you and your phone, Verizon!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You guys aware Sony dropped all 5.1.1 development for 6.0 right?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sony was the one that pulled their NA product. Look at their storefront. Missing contracted it out to 3rd parties. They are removing features and hardware for NA market too. At the rate the sales are going. They will drop the US market. Doesn't help the fact they release a new device every 6 months and delay the NA release at least 3 months as far as 5 months free they released it overseas. They honestly have no direction.

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

Uh, not calling you out, but really need proof of that before I would even consider it to be a valid statement.

I did lots of research lately and see where possibly the Z3v may or may not receive Android M, one site says it will next one says it won't, too much maybe, maybe not.

0 Likes