Sony Xperia z3v lollipop
Rosshicks111
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update 1 of 2 fails to update with error code 402. Multiple tries, WiFi on/off. Safe mode.

Took it to the local Verizon store and they said give it a couple days. Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sony Xperia z3v lollipop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s get this update to work Rosshicks111. It’s always important to have the latest version on any phone. Thank you for trying so many steps to fully process the Lollipop update. The updates can take weeks for it to be sent to all the phones. As the software was released on 02/25/16 did your phone prompt you for the update? If it didn’t, it can take additional time to be fully available. Also when performing the Factory Reset, please ensure you followed these steps http://vz.to/1TNI5Kq . The Factory Reset helps a lot when updates fail.

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did you try factory reset then installing?

0 Likes
Rosshicks111
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not yet. I'm saving that one for last since it's such a pain.

0 Likes
Moviemaniac1982
Enthusiast - Level 3

Factory Reset does in fact fix everything.

0 Likes
Rosshicks111
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is that the official word from Verizon tech support?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

A lot of people in other threads said it work for them.  Some said some stuff it worked for but some things it didn't. 

0 Likes
Moviemaniac1982
Enthusiast - Level 3

It did work, but just make sure you back everything up. Emulator saves, pictures. Also when I did the factory reset once it came back it asked to redownload all my apps. which I said yes and didn't realize I wasn't on WiFi and blew up my data for the month. But all the problems I was experiencing all were fixed and I am quite happy with the update now.

0 Likes
Hs_Hazard

After update messages won't show in notification bar. So I never know who texted me if I'm not actively looking at the screen when it comes in.

0 Likes
Rosshicks111
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update: factory reset and still error 402. Would love some input from Verizon on this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s get this update to work Rosshicks111. It’s always important to have the latest version on any phone. Thank you for trying so many steps to fully process the Lollipop update. The updates can take weeks for it to be sent to all the phones. As the software was released on 02/25/16 did your phone prompt you for the update? If it didn’t, it can take additional time to be fully available. Also when performing the Factory Reset, please ensure you followed these steps http://vz.to/1TNI5Kq . The Factory Reset helps a lot when updates fail.

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes