No more Sony products via Verizon???
crisiskids
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know when Verizon will get Sony phones and tablets back into their product lineups?Sony makes excellent cellular products and I find it very disappointing that Verizon dismissed all Sony cell products.  Furthermore, I have had some issues with my Sony/Verizon phone and tablet both and it is very hard to get technical support when a product has been dropped due to lack of knowledge. Help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No more Sony products via Verizon???
mama23dogs
Legend

Sony has turned away from the US market almost entirely.  They are not selling through any carrier, ATT, T-mobile, or Sprint, nada...zip....zilch...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Sony has turned away from the US market almost entirely.  They are not selling through any carrier, ATT, T-mobile, or Sprint, nada...zip....zilch...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When Sony makes compatible devices and not a minute before.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
crisiskids
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Mama.  I was wondering such, but you answered that straight up, so thank you.  I guess that I'll have to find another Android tablet that I like.  Peace Mama.  Erik.

Tidbits
Legend

Sony dropped their US online store front. If you want to buy their products they direct you to a 3rd party retailer. Sony has always treated the US market as second class. I have imported the Z to the Z5 premium(ZL, ZR, Z, Z Ultra, Z1, Z2, Z3, and Z5 premium). The US releases has always been at least 3 months out to as far as 8 months out and with a 6 month release cycle... Well you get the picture.

crisiskids
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much, I did not know that they dropped us.  What a shame as I have thousands of dollars of Sony products.  Verizon does not offer it, but I did get Sony's new tablet, the Z4, wifi only, from Amazon, and it is one smoking awesome machine - try it out.  I guess I see now why Verizon dumped Sony, or maybe vice versa Smiley Happy

Peace,

Erik

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The Z5 Premium may be my last product.  If they announce the Z6 and do not offer it or offer it with a delay like the Z5(will be sold this month in the states.  No fingerprint scanner.) Nov 20 to Feb 7th with talks already for the Z6 coming out in April.  They wonder why their sales are bad in the states.  No advertising/marketing, and delayed releases so close to their next devices they are bringing out.

twoodjr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree 100%. Sony is losing money on their mobile division, an yet seems unwilling to change their business strategy. They seem to be placing all their eggs in their mobile camera division, at the expense of their phone customers.