viewing emails (help me not hate this phone)
fabhats

I just a Trophy for a new job. I'm an iPhone girl and so far the Trophy just makes me want to chunk it across the room.

I can't get the pdf reader to download from the store--it always says check back later. Every darn time. Why is it a whole separate app anyway?

My other biggest issue is that I can't search through old emails? It gives me 20 or so emails from the top of the list and I can't see any others that are earlier. It won't even search those. That makes the email feature practically useless to me as a business phone. How do I look at other emails? And why, even when I tell it to sync, will it not load all the saved drafts that I know I have in Outlook?

Please help me. I'm so frustrated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: viewing emails (help me not hate this phone)
chudster94
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure about the PDF reader, I don't use one on the phone.

As far as email is concerned, you can change the sync settings to allow for more email to be downloaded. Click the ellipsis (...)at the bottom of the email screen and choose "settings". Then click the button at the top that says "sync settings". Under "Download email from" you can choose "any time" or some other setting as you desire.

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

fabhats wrote:

I just a Trophy for a new job. I'm an iPhone girl and so far the Trophy just makes me want to chunk it across the room.

I can't get the pdf reader to download from the store--it always says check back later. Every darn time. Why is it a whole separate app anyway?

My other biggest issue is that I can't search through old emails? It gives me 20 or so emails from the top of the list and I can't see any others that are earlier. It won't even search those. That makes the email feature practically useless to me as a business phone. How do I look at other emails? And why, even when I tell it to sync, will it not load all the saved drafts that I know I have in Outlook?

Please help me. I'm so frustrated.

pdf requires a one-time download. sounds like you haven't activated marketplace or enabled downloads. you need to login with a windows live id and possibly setup your xbox live profile too.

from there pdfs will be "one click to read" from email, works great. (or use adobe reader to see all the pdfs on your phone).

search email on server (mail not on phone) is not available yet in Mango.

To sync other folders but inbox/sent simply set that up by clicking folders from menu then "sync this folder" or "unsync this folder".

Best mobile email system going (WP7 was great, 7.5/Mango is better).

0 Likes
fabhats

I figured out those two issues. Now I have the problem where the phone tells me that it has an update ready but Zune says that it is up to date.

0 Likes
fabhats

I was trying to figure out the update issue, I got an error code and the suggested fix was to update Microsoft, which had been done recently, delete Zune and reinstall it. I did that. I thought. Apparently not all of Zune deleted and now when I try to reinstall it says that it's up to date. I can't delete the last few pieces that are left because they're "in use" but there is not enough of the program files there to run it. I hate this system. Seriously.

0 Likes
chudster94
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you trying to uninstall the Zune application while your phone is connected? Most likely you need to disconnect your phone before doing so.

0 Likes