Re: my voice to text stopped working and i get a message that says sorry but we cannot connect to the network right now.
bobg1960

Here is my screenshot attached again. I don't have those options in my

settings. I have language and keyboard but no on screen keyboard and no

Samsung voice input slide button

Robert [removed]

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Re: my voice to text stopped working and i get a message that says sorry but we cannot connect to the network right now.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Bobg1960,

Your attachment isn't attached. You need to post images directly to the discussion thread itself instead sending via the email reply option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bobg1960

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly. Can you provide the Firmware version for us? It can help us determine a bit more regarding this issue. As for the options you shared, were those listed after you got to the Samsung voice input setting? Please advise. BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bobg1960

i do not have a samsung voice input setting. also where do i find the firmware version. i sent a screenshot with all the data about my phone  i thought?

0 Likes
bobg1960

you can call me if that would help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bobg1960, 

We certainly want to be able to assist you with the voice to text feature.  For the security of your account, please delete the screenshots you sent us since it contains proprietary information which includes your personal phone number. 

You can find the device firmware version by going to Settings > About > more info

We understand it has been a while since the last update in 2015, but we just want to make sure your version has been updated and is current. The screenshot you shared shows us you are current. Thank you for that. 

When you turn WiFi off and power the phone off and on, does the voice to text work for you? Are you able to connect to any data without getting that message about being able to connect to the network? 

http://spr.ly/6586ETeLm

TamaraH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bobg1960

when i go to settings>about>more info, i get the screenshot that I already sent you. it does not list  a firmware version, just a firmware revision number 2218.14.12.1..turning wifi off and powering down does nothing and i only get the message when i am trying to use my voice to text or email.

this feature has always worked fine till a couple of weeks ago,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bobg1960, it's important that the app functions on your mobile device are fully functional. I did some research on the Samsung Forums with regard to the issue you are reporting with the Samsung ATIV, and have confirmed that there are other users reporting the same issue.

One solution that worked for some was to change the keyboard setting from English GB to English US. When the keyboard is visible, press and hold the &123 key to bring the option up. If this does not help, we may be in a pickle since there has not been a software update for Windows devices for the past few years. Let us know what happens.

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
bobg1960

my keyboard is English US and holding=down the &123 button does nothing anyway. if there hasnt been a software update for the past few years what would cause this to stop working just recently?

0 Likes