my voice to text stopped working and i get a message that says sorry but we cannot connect to the network right now.
bobg1960

this always worked fine and now voice to text and voice to email gives me the same message, but the voice to Bing works fine? any one know how to fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: my voice to text stopped working and i get a message that says sorry but we cannot connect to the network right now.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bobg1960, We understand the importance of using the voice to text function, we're here to help. When were you able to use it last? What's the make and model of your phone?

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: my voice to text stopped working and i get a message that says sorry but we cannot connect to the network right now.
bobg1960

My phone is the Samsung ATIV SE running windows 8 and the voice to text and

voice to email stopped working about a week ago. I have used it regularly

prior to that. My cortana app and voice to bing still work?

I can't figure it out.

Robert [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how convenient these features can be and want to ensure everything is working correctly for you. I would recommend editing your post as there is some private information you have included. Have updated the phone or applications recently? Is there an update waiting to be installed? If you turn the phone off and back on, do you see any difference?

ChristopherM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bobg1960

i have tried turning it off and back on multiple times. i have gone into my settings and checked and it says that my  phone is up to date. i have it set to automatically download updates, so as far as recent updates, not sure when any may have happened because the automatic setting is for 3am and i wouldnt know it happened.

wouldnt you (verizon) know if there was an update to this phone that caused the voice to text/email to no longer function?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@bobg1960

Thanks for confirming that information, Robert.  Let’s continue troubleshooting.

Just to ensure we are on the same page, I want to confirm the steps you take to manage this setting. From the Home screen, tap Settings. Under the system menu, tap speech. Tap the Read aloud incoming text messages field and select an option. Then tap Text to Speech voice and choose female or male. Let me know if these settings are correct on your device.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
bobg1960

my settings are correct. i continue to get the same message when i try to use my voice to text, were sorry we cant access the network right now.

that is when i use the microphone button in the text message or in the email app.  so its still not working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that you continue to have issues with the voice to text feature, bobg1960. I want to get to the bottom of this issue and we now have to check some software information, please provide the Firmware revision number and the Radio software version as per the instructions below.

From the Start screen, swipe left to display the apps list.
Note Alternatively, tap the right arrow Right arrow icon (located in the lower-right; may require scrolling to the bottom of the Start screen). Tap Settings. Tap about. Tap more info.
If you are able to share a screenshot showing this information it will more helpful.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
bobg1960

Here you go

The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message and notify the sender immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this email for any purpose, nor disclose any part of it's contents to any other person.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bobg1960, it doesn’t appear that anything has come through. Are you able to type out your Firmware Version? Additionally in doing some further research, this issue appears to be a known issue with some Samsung device. Can you follow these steps for me and let me know if this works better for you: Settings>Language and Input> On Screen Keyboard>Manage Keyboards>Slide Samsung voice input to turn off and then test this out. Please let us know the outcome. 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes