rrman2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can get data on wi-fi conn. but not thru network. I have checked all settings thru Verizon support and they can't find anything wrong. My question is anyone else having or have had this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: data
rrman2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have tried  taking battery out while on and off to no avail. The tech people are checking it out and are supposed to get back to me but I haven't heard from them.Hope I don't want to do hard reset in that I'll probably loss all my phone numbers but if it'll fix problem I may do it anyway.I appreciate the replies.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

rrman2000 wrote:

I can get data on wi-fi conn. but not thru network. I have checked all settings thru Verizon support and they can't find anything wrong. My question is anyone else having or have had this problem?

how long have you had the issue?

0 Likes
rrman2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just started today. My fellow emloyess who have Verizon had no such issues one had I-phone the other had samsung fascinate.

0 Likes
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2
My wife has had this happen on her Droids in the past and a call to *611 (support) has almost always solved it. But if you don't want to do that, a reboot of the phone may be worth a shot.
0 Likes
rrman2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have tried  taking battery out while on and off to no avail. The tech people are checking it out and are supposed to get back to me but I haven't heard from them.Hope I don't want to do hard reset in that I'll probably loss all my phone numbers but if it'll fix problem I may do it anyway.I appreciate the replies.

0 Likes
rrman2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did a factory reset and that fixed the problem. Had to export backup asst. from Verizon to csv file then exported to hotmail address and all is well.Just having to download apps to phone and making a few tweeks

0 Likes
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

Wow. Well, i'm sorry it had to come to that but I'm glad you're back up and running.

I'm surprised you had to do a Backup Asst import -> Live, I would've thought that the contacts on your phone from before the issue would already be on Live.com and would've started syncing automatically after the reset.

fwiw, i had a feeling I'd seen this topic before on here: http://community.vzw.com/t5/HTC-Trophy/Applied-Mango-now-no-data-connection/td-p/677683

sorry for not letting you know about that thread sooner.

0 Likes
SteveLV702
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having same issue but "factory reset" is only a temporary fix as reset phone connect to wifi and then disconnect from wifi and data again no longer working.......

0 Likes
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Everybody...

This is the issue I have been trying to address for the last month... https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/766732#766732

Hard resetting your phone is an unacceptable answer, especially the individuals who have done it 4 or 5 times now with the problem still happening.  It's a data/network issue on Verizon that they wanted to pass the buck to HTC and Microsoft.  But I have done the research and it happens to iPhones and Droids on Verizon as well.

Here's a 3rd party backup software for all who dread/hate thinking about losing there data, apps, texts, etc... before hard resetting your phone. http://ultimate-networx.net/?p=382&lang=en

I have used this many of times before manually updating my Windows Phone 7 because I can't wait for Verizon to decide if we should get an update or not... Or there excuse is test the update first before deciding if we need it.  Even worse, Verizon Tech's don't even know this phone or OS enough to know what to look for, so why should they have final decision over what we really need and that is our UPDATES...

I have manually updated my phone about a week ago to (7.10.8107) hoping that that would fix the data connection issue... It didn't, but the disappearing keyboard is now fixed Smiley Happy as well as other fixes to the OS which make the phone run so much better.  If you decided you can't wait for the keyboard fix update (7.10.8107), MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS and INSTALL THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND ANY OTHER LANGUAGE YOU HAVE CHECK MARKED IN THE KEYBOARD SETTINGS OF THE PHONE.  If not, you won't be able to access the calling features of the phone (meaning if you hit phone/verizon wireless icon it will hang and then go back to the home screen).  Also, you will have to update the phone to (7.10.7740.16) first (no language cabs needed).

That's where the backup software comes in handy, always and I mean always backup your phone first.  This 3rd party app only backs up the data, contacts, apps but No Zune Media (music, pictures or videos... but Zune remembers all your stuff so once you reconnect your phone back to Zune it will sync you files back to the phone) Smiley Happy

Now, the reason for this post.... Verizon knows of this issue and is going to be releasing a very important Software Update which will address our DATA/NETWORK PROBLEMS!!! 

Here's the link http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/trophy.html

And here's the version number that they will be releasing: 

new software update, 2305.13.20110.605; Radio: 1.53.00.12.01_23.17w.05.13U,

for your HTC Trophy with Windows® Phone.

Now the Million Dollar Question is this...  Is this update also going to have the disappearing keyboard fix... I don't know the answer 100% but the version numer is higher then (7.10.8107) I think...  the (2305.13.20110.605) is totally not a number that fall into suit with the rest of Microsoft's updates... And I have not seen this pop up in the Dude, Where's My Update App database...  So I'm thinking that someone at Verizon screwed this up when creating the PDF, which wouldn't surprise me since Verizon barely knows anything about this phone or OS.

So folks, I hope this helps...  And VERIZON IF YOUR READING/LISTENING, RELEASE THIS UPDATE NOW!!! NOT WEEKS OR MONTHS FROM NOW!!!

I literally have to dial into my voicemail just to:

A) Reconnect to Verizon Network

B) Push my data to the phone

C) Recieve my Voicemails (which I don't even get the calls or date/time stamp on the voicemail)

D) Text Messages

Verizon, this is UNACCEPTABLE and YOU NEED TO RELEASE THIS UPDATE NOW!!!

TheJester77

0 Likes
SteveLV702
Enthusiast - Level 3

weird cause I also have a iPhone 4S, Thunderbolt, Blackberry, iPad 2, then wife and roommate both have iPhone 4's and never had this issue on any of them only have it on my HTC Trophy :'(

0 Likes