Re: Windows Phone 7.5 Tango availability?
rsd

I am also all for the update.  I really hope Verizon sends out the update soon this time around!

- I really hope Verizon will start carrying more than one phone for Windows Phone 8 .. I assume they will carry windows phone 8!

..Ramesh

0 Likes
aphrophyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just an update for you guys:

According to this post on Phone Arena: http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-Rezound-getting-its-long-awaited-Android-4.0-update-on-Sunday_id3..., the HTC Trophy is scheduled for a SU4 update on August 1st 2012.

EDIT: I actually didn't read the included image close enough. It says "Software Update to Apolio. Approved." Clearly they are referring to Apollo, but as we all know NONE of the WP7 phone will get WP8 Apollo. So I don't know what this is.

0 Likes
aphrophyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

And now its officially announced and coming soon!

See the PDF release notes here

SOFTWARE UPDATE

GET THE MOST OUT OF

YOUR HTC TROPHY.

Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update, ROM: 2305.13.30202.605, for your HTC Trophy. This updates the phone OS to Windows Phone 7.5 MCR3.

Verizon Wireless and HTC encourage you to download this update.

Device Features

• + The device is now Wi-Fi Hotspot capable. This function can be turned on with the “Internet Sharing” feature under Settings. With this feature, you will have the ability to share your mobile data connection with up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled devices. Data charges will apply.
  • + Enhanced multimedia messaging capabilities:
    • • Multi-picture attachments
    • • Video attachments
    • • Send/receive ringtones
0 Likes
jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you Verizon for the Tango update. We appreciate that you are continuing to support the Trophy with updates.!

0 Likes
Hoppman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update received, all funtionality is now there.  The HTC update is the one that adds wifi hot spot capability.

0 Likes