Re: Why was group messaging removed by Verizon?
CmdrKeene
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope, but I'm not to holding my breath.  I feel my next opportunity for real group communication will be when Microsoft's Skype act gets together, although I was told by that team that it won't notify you when messages are received in a group conversation, so you'd still be constantly checking to see if you had new messages to view.

I actually just wrote a post about this verizon pitfall: http://skeene.net/tech/verizon-cripples-group-communication/

0 Likes
CmdrKeene
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon has launched a Verizon Messages app that allows this on every platform except Windows Phones.  So they disable our built-in group messaging function built into Windows Phone, but not given us access to their replacement.  Seems kind of unfair.

0 Likes
BarryLHeil

Things get even worse, so there is an app called "Verizon Messages" that is suppose to work both mobile and PC.  Except that it is only available for GENERAL CONSUMERS.  As a business manager who was sold on the idea of  being able to broadcast (Office Closing for weather conditions, and emergency messages), to groups now I have to wait for an update or patch.  now I have to individual pick names from the address book one at a time and can't even sort by a group to make it easier.  Contract renewal is coming up soon, will have to see what T-Mobile/AT&T has to offer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear BarryLHeil,

Good morning. I understand the importance of being able to send messages to your employees. I am sorry Verizon Messages app is currently not supported on Business accounts at this time. Unfortunately, we do not have any information as to when it will be available for Business accounts. You may register for alerts on new products and services by clicking http://bit.ly/dDumph However, please know that we value you as a customer and we certainly do not want to lose you. 

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
spd970

I'm upset that I "Upgraded" from my WP7 Trophy, on which group messaging worked fine as expected, to a WP8 8x, on which group messaging doesn't exist.

I'm even MORE upset that the same 8x phone on AT&T has a fully functional group messaging feature. I'll definitely won't be re-upping my Verizon contract any further. There's no good reason for the 8x to have this turned off. It's supremely annoying, and the fact that the phone has been out for 6 months without this being fixed is unacceptable.

0 Likes
Lizneedshelp

If you call Verizon they will tell you that they plan to fix this by releasing an update sometime in June. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
bhiranya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its July now and still nothing!

0 Likes
Lizneedshelp

Yea, I called in the middle of June and they changed it to July. What a coincidence. But, I don't have the most up to date info as of now but all I know is July. Call Verizon and say "I was wondering when your gonna update the HTC 8X regarding group messages", they should say what month it will be released. And, i'm eagerly waiting for the update as well, but nothing.

0 Likes
Restin
Enthusiast - Level 2

July 23rd, still no update.

0 Likes
Lizneedshelp

Hopefully Verizon sees this and does something about it. There lazy people. It's not that hard to release an update.

>>Profanity removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes