Why do we keep dropping calls?
lora316k

My mother's cell keeps dropping calls. I have followed all the troubleshooting steps on Verizon website, but nothing helps. I know it's not the area, because my phone never drops calls.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dropped Calls
Not applicable

Perhaps a new sim card, factory reset, if that fails then it will be an issue with the phones connection in the network and would need to be troubleshooted over the phone by calling technical support so they can view the information in the switch to find out why the calls are dropping (bad handoff etc).

>>Minor edit<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Perhaps a new sim card, factory reset, if that fails then it will be an issue with the phones connection in the network and would need to be troubleshooted over the phone by calling technical support so they can view the information in the switch to find out why the calls are dropping (bad handoff etc).

>>Minor edit<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
lora316k

I have done factory reset and it didn't work. How do I get new sim card?

0 Likes
Not applicable

VZW store or certified retailer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi lora316k!

I'm sorry to learn of any dropped calls with your mother's device. Let's check this out OK? Is she having issues when indoors only, or both indoors and outdoors? What zip code is she located in when this is happening? Or is it something that is happening in many different areas? Please share some details for me, I'd like to make sure she's OK.

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lora316k

It only happens when indoors.It happens in many different areas.

0 Likes
lora316k

It's not the building that is the problem. Me and my mother live in the

same house yet she has problem and I don't.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 12:50 PM, technicalassistance <

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well, that could be an issue with her phones ability to receive a signal. Did you get that sim card replaced?

If you did and the issue is still occurring, does it happen in every building? It could be an issue with the phones internal antenna and the device may need to be physically examined.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details lora316k. Do you and your Mom both have the same make and model device? Thanks for trying a hard reset. That is usually the final step for troubleshooting. Were you able to try a different SIM, as the community recommended? They are available at store locations. http://bit.ly/3SdsA

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
lora316k

Yes, we have the same make and model. No, I have not got a chance to try

new SIM yet.

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes