Re: Who wants a premier offer for WP10?ie Lumia 950,950xl
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

For Verizon Wireless customers...the 950 & 950XL are lost causes. They will only work on GSM networks such as at&t and T-Mobile.

The next chance we have for a high end Windows Mobile device will come with the rollout of what is expected to be Surface Phone...which should be the first phones wholly designed by Microsoft.

robert5050
Enthusiast - Level 3

Timlovesbikes wrote:

Hey all, please take a moment to take my poll! Comments encouraged as well!

What poll?

0 Likes
ChuckWes
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is now on the MS Store pages for the 950 and 950 XL Unlocked. I see WCDMA in the list of Networks, doesn't that mean they will work on VZ?

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Microsoft-Lumia-950--Unlocked/productID.32660260...

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.326602300?icid=icid_us_catp_modg_phn_c...

Networks7

GSM network: 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz
GSM max data speed DL: EGPRS 296.0kbps
GSM max data speed UL: EGPRS 236.8kbps
WCDMA network: Band 1 (2100MHz), Band 2 (1900MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850MHz), Band 8 (900MHz)
WCDMA max data speed DL: 42.2Mbps (Cat 24)
WCDMA max data speed UL: 5.76Mbps (Cat 6)
LTE FDD network: Band 1 (2100MHz), Band 17 (700MHz), Band 2 (1900MHz), Band 20 (800MHz), Band 3 (1800MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850MHz), Band 7 (2600MHz), Band 8 (900MHz), Band 28 (700MHz), Band 12 (700MHz)
TD-LTE network: Band 38 (2570-2620MHz), Band 40 (2300-2400MHz), Band 41 partially (2555-2575 MHz)
LTE max data speed DL: 300 Mbps (Cat 6)
LTE max data speed UL: 50 Mbps (Cat 6)

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

WCDMA IS NOT CDMA!  It is a GSM line of upgrade. EVDO is in direct relation to CDMA.

http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/difference-between-cdma-and-wcdma/

Tidbits
Legend

Sorry if that came out strong but the tech are different I had the emphasise that. So people don't get confused.

There is support for 2 of the 4 700 bands but not the one that gives block C protection. That band is 13 not 12 and 28. It doesn't support CDMA or EVDO. So that's why it will not work on Verizon. Verizon isn't blocking it. If there is support then Verizon would be blocking it and the device would get protection in which Verizon can and will get in trouble for violating block C rules. It happened before. FCC is serious about these rules and eventually all major carriers will get spectrum with these rules which makes better competition for our market.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This certainly looks like a great phone sixdeuces. We wouldn't want to see you go with another carrier! Although we haven't received any updates on the availability, you can sign up for email alerts to make sure you stay up to date with the latest news. Click here to sign up: http://vz.to/1r9PSCb.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Timlovesbikes
Enthusiast - Level 2
WindowsPhone
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would be curious to know if Customer Support is hoping we check the link and find an alternative choice to the Windows phone.  Or are they truly reevaluating the decision not to support the Windows phone.  I don't really believe there is a reevaluation going on at this time.  Verizon is discovering the vast majority of Windows phone users love the phone and will leave Verizon to goto the carrier that supports the Windows phone.   Of course this should not have been a total surprise since many of us arrived here because of the lack of support from our previous mobile carrier.  Verizon we are leaving and that is a fact.  I already spoke to at&t and the service to my surprise will cost less than Verizon even at the new Verizon no contract rate.

I know we will all get an email or letter months from now saying we miss you and want you back with great offers.  Minus the Windows phone the offers will not work. The marketing geniuses still haven't figured it out yet.

I have nothing against Verizon and been very happy with the service and would love to stay on Verizon.  Verizon you know what you have to do to keep us.  

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

From the looks of things, you need to tell Microsoft to support Verizon or you'll leave MS.

0 Likes
WindowsPhone
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not so fast. According to the well regarded journalists and bloggers this is Verizon's fault and not Microsoft.  I tend to believe this is a Verizon issue.  Just by the fact that Microsoft wants the phone to succeed in Business.  To really succeed they probably need both at&t and Verizon.  This debate has been ongoing and no matter what we think only Microsoft and Verizon know the real reason for the issue.  I do know Verizon was not all in with the Icon and they end of life the device well before it should have been removed.  So I am not leaving Microsoft.

0 Likes