Re: Where is the new Microsoft Lumia 950 XL? Where are you hiding it? L
lsuperhero
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tidbits,

I appreciate the counter arguments.

And also chodichicken for providing the link.

So how about an official response from Microsoft, or an official response from Verizon?

Anyone?

L

0 Likes
chodichicken

Verizon does use CMDA to authenticate their devices, after then authenticate then you can switch over to LTE

the rumored surface phone has a march release date, there have been many hints about it, but then again who saw the surface book coming?

0 Likes
lsuperhero
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hahahha yes - surface phone, you both make a good point there.  That would be cool if they released a surface phone,

and I thought I saw the surface book! Until they sold out on pre-orders!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No that is not how it works...

If it worked that way the the Google Play Nexus 6 for example would not be able to access Verizons network until Motorola gave the ECID to them. Guess what... They work as long as the sim is already activated. The problem is they can't activate the sim. This has been this way since 4 years ago. Stop spreading the FUD.

0 Likes
chodichicken

I have been told the phone is registered on the network via cdma, then after its authenticated then it can switch bands.  this is why they cannot switch to gsm yet or just use a gsm phone on their network.  spreading fud?  nope, what I have been told, and one of the sources was directly from verizon

the surface phone was created before the purchase of nokia, so yes it exists and yes a phone with surface styling is in the works.  If it is the specs of the phone we all saw and want then great but I doubt it

now, another article explaining why its Verizon and not Microsoft

http://wmpoweruser.com/weekend-discussion-verizon-sucks-new-build-last-gapless-playback/

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes it is FUD. It has been since the past 4 years and the reason why they no longer sell CDMA only cell phones as those require the old way of doing things. Also remember to activate under CDMA... you have to dial *228 which all LTE don't need to do to even register with the network to communicate. The sim card handles all authentication. Open Access means if the device has 700C spectrum Verizon not stop that device from connecting.  So the check happens. Connect to LTE 700C supported. Ok authenticate and connect.

Currently 3 brands that uses block C(700C) that Verizon has on their network. No other manufacturer has done it yet. They just can't activate Sims and the system will kick back non-Verizon device, but they work without a hitch.

Nexus (6, 5X, 6P)

Iphone 6 and higher.

Moto X 2015

These are the only unlocked Devices that support 700C. As long as 700C is there Verizon can't block it from the network as it would violate open access rules and Verizon would get fined just like they did with tethering apps. They could even lose their licensing for not complying to those rules which means they loose their billions of dollars investment into their LTE coverage as well as the spectrum itself.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also the device isn't sold widely in Europe... it is sold through one vendor currently as stated by Microsoft themselves...

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

It's not debunked, these guys are reputable and have been in the business for years with inside contacts all over the tech world. They know what they are taking about. You can't just dismissed them.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
Re: Where is the new Microsoft Lumia 950 XL?  Where are you hiding it?    L
Tidbits
Legend

it is debunked.  He is explaining the old system of 3G devices, and he doesn't even know the new system which is in place.  Seriously now...  come on... and let that sink in for a minute.  How much does he really know when the system has been different for 4 years and it isn't a secret it changed.

0 Likes
lsuperhero
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes! Good point!  Tidbits is pretty freakin smart tho, and another guy has been posting on here similar to Tidbits comments.

Once again - Microsoft - Verizon team, what's the answer?

Time for a new forum?

"Sent from my Microsoft Lumia 950 XL on Verizon"

0 Likes