Re: Ways we can prompt the WP7 platform
Tripp06

I agree with AZSALUKI when he says that better hardware and more choices will significantly help promote WP7.  I have checked out the Trophy and find it to be a compelling phone even without some of my most desired options (like BOE, I would like to have 4”+ screen option with AMOLED or SLCD technology, 4G capability, a good 8MP+ camera and a faster processor).  But I have noticed that WP7 operates incredibly well with an “inferior” processor since the NoDo update.  But I would like Verizon to give us a few choices instead of just one.

AZSALUKI – I think it is important to note that while Windows Mobile has been around for several years, WP7 is an infant OS.  It is still less than a year old; and while it does not compare to the current versions of iOS and Android, Mango will bring a level a maturity to it much faster than the others did in the same timeframe since its release (Turn by Turn Nav is in Mango and speech recognition will be expanded – the functionality already exists in certain areas of the OS).  Microsoft is late to the game, but the OS is very stable.  You haven’t mentioned other missing pieces, but if you research the changes Mango will bring, I think you will find it a formidable opponent for the other OSes (and one significant advantage over Android – you will be able to install it on ALL WP7 phones which prevents the fragmentation of Android).

0 Likes
boe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tripp06 wrote:

I agree with AZSALUKI when he says that better hardware and more choices will significantly help promote WP7. 

I do sincerely hope when Mango is released Verizon steps up and actually has a better WP7 phone ready.   I realize the Trophy isn't selling well but even if you put sprinkles on a turd cupcake, no one will want to eat it.   (I consider WP7 the sprinkles and the trophy hardware the turd).

0 Likes
Truth123

Boe, have you actually held a trophy for an extended period of time? Have you worked deep within its menu systems, marketplace, and social media integration? Have you used the seamless design of cloud storage with windows live? With all your talk about how you require a faster processor and the Trophy is not up to par... Me thinks you have never really played with one for more than 5 minutes in a store. Even without the top-of-the-line specs, it still blows away any android verizon offers in terms of OS speed. Try it before you knock it.

0 Likes
boe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Truth123 wrote:

Boe, have you actually held a trophy for an extended period of time? Have you worked deep within its menu systems, marketplace, and social media integration? Have you used the seamless design of cloud storage with windows live? With all your talk about how you require a faster processor and the Trophy is not up to par... Me thinks you have never really played with one for more than 5 minutes in a store. Even without the top-of-the-line specs, it still blows away any android verizon offers in terms of OS speed. Try it before you knock it.

I don't think you've gotten the general goal of my comment.   I rarely comment on the processor unless someone else brings it up -if you review my posts from the beginning - I suggest a flagship model with a bigger screen, faster connectivity to the internet, faster and lower power consuming BT technology.    All current WP7 phones have the same processor.   I work with computers so I'm pretty sure, you can never have too much processing power - otherwise I'd have the same computer I bought 20 plus years ago (or the one I replaced it with, or the one after that, or the one after that.....    Mango will include more simultaneous activities which will increase the load on the processor - please read all my posts before you knock them.   I'm a big fan of WP7 - but not a big fan of only offering Verizon clients only 1 low end WP7 phone so late in the game.  I don't look down at you for liking the Trophy - you are welcome to do so but it certainly isn't a high end phone as much as I like the OS.

0 Likes