Re: WHERE IS OUR WINDOWS PHONES!!!!!! VERIZON!!!!!!! make our voices heard people
Maikeru

It was announced that Nokia will bring its Lumia line with windows phone 8 to verizon wireless this fall. http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/8/3145295/nokia-lumia-sprint-verizon-pureview-richard-kerris

0 Likes
Re: WHERE IS OUR WINDOWS PHONES!!!!!! VERIZON!!!!!!! make our voices heard people
wbpb

More choices for Windows Phone!!!!  I went to a verison store today and they do not even have the Trophy on display and it is not available online either.  They new nothing about the Windows phone and said to use Google for everything.  The stores need to learn about the Windows phone if Verison plans to ever sell any!!!   I just said that I was seriously considering leaving Verison after several years with Verison if Windows phone options do not become available soon!!!!

0 Likes
Re: WHERE IS OUR WINDOWS PHONES!!!!!! VERIZON!!!!!!!  make our voices heard people
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon will have a selection of Windows Phone devices when Microsoft finishes Windows 8.  What was MS hopeful they'll have windows 8 released?  October sometime I think it was.  So they won't have any WP devices until sometime after that.

0 Likes
Re: WHERE IS OUR WINDOWS PHONES!!!!!! VERIZON!!!!!!!  make our voices heard people
VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

JIT for x-mas!

0 Likes
BigAl_inna_di_place

I for one am moving to anyone that has a great windows phone. I am tired of hearing that they have the iphone or try this android phone.  I have been using windows mobile since it first came out and frankly the iphone is a piece of junk and is so boring. No windows phone Verizon? who ever is in charge of telling us what we want is someone you need to lay off. Whoever it is if its an entire department is definitely not in tune with what the people want. I am sure you will not miss my $2k a year I am paying yearly for your service but I am sure the other carriers may appreciate it it more.... and I am not interested in hearing you all are waiting for windows phone 8....

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Why ? windows 8 is the phones to get not windows phones out now, Just don't make sense for vzw get windows phone now. HAHA, thats like getting a nexus now and 3 months new nexus come out.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I can hear it now with all the complaints as to why they are not getting windows phone 8 and being stuck on 7.8. They'll blame Verizon when it has been public knowledge by now that MS will not be updating current windows phone devices to 8.

0 Likes
SirCharlesKills
Enthusiast - Level 3

I always have to consider network coverage first and that is why I went to verizon.  I got orders to go to the middle of nowhere and verizon was it.  Now at&t is out here I hate to spend the money to switch back; but if verizon doesn't give my preferred OS or style of phone the priority I think they should..I'm gone.  I've converted many friends and family to windows phones.  Now that I have options of service, I may just go with the better phone.

headski
Enthusiast - Level 2

This moring Fox news is reporting that Verizon will again be skipping the high end Nokia Lumia 920 with Pureview and will only be offering its customers the Nokia Lumia 820.  http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/09/04/nokia-lumia-20-and-lumia-820-windows-phones-8-leaked/  This is very disappointing news!  I have been following the Verizon/Windows 8 story very closely and as news came out that Verizon WAS going to offer Windows Phone 8 I was finally happy.  Finally a highend Windows Phone!  Now what is this???  "We are going to offer a Windows Phone but it will again be one of the weaker Windows Phones in the pack, just like the Trophy."

Verizon, please, provide us with a HIGH END windows phone.  Can you just offer the flagship NOKIA phone?  NOKIA has many great software offerings that other vendors will not be able to match, not to mention the PUREVIEW camera.  If you really want to have a third ecosystem to wield against the iPhone then give us a phone that can actually rival or in this case surpass the iPhone.  People will buy it.  Only offer a mediocre phone and it will only have mediocre sales.  I am sure I am not telling you anything you do not know.  I am sure you have some reason for offering MID-RANGE Windows Phones...but as a customer I am having a hard time understanding why.  The truth is if I feel my carrier is not understanding what I want from them then I may have to consider a carrier that does offer a TRUE VARIETY.  It seems only fair to offer customers a variety of all the flavors, ANDROID, IPHONE, and WINDOWS PHONE and TRUELY let us decide which one WE want.  Thanks for listenting...I hope. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

headski wrote:

This moring Fox news is reporting that Verizon will again be skipping the high end Nokia Lumia 920 with Pureview and will only be offering its customers the Nokia Lumia 820.  http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/09/04/nokia-lumia-20-and-lumia-820-windows-phones-8-leaked/  This is very disappointing news!  I have been following the Verizon/Windows 8 story very closely and as news came out that Verizon WAS going to offer Windows Phone 8 I was finally happy.  Finally a highend Windows Phone!  Now what is this???  "We are going to offer a Windows Phone but it will again be one of the weaker Windows Phones in the pack, just like the Trophy."

Verizon, please, provide us with a HIGH END windows phone.  Can you just offer the flagship NOKIA phone?  NOKIA has many great software offerings that other vendors will not be able to match, not to mention the PUREVIEW camera.  If you really want to have a third ecosystem to wield against the iPhone then give us a phone that can actually rival or in this case surpass the iPhone.  People will buy it.  Only offer a mediocre phone and it will only have mediocre sales.  I am sure I am not telling you anything you do not know.  I am sure you have some reason for offering MID-RANGE Windows Phones...but as a customer I am having a hard time understanding why.  The truth is if I feel my carrier is not understanding what I want from them then I may have to consider a carrier that does offer a TRUE VARIETY.  It seems only fair to offer customers a variety of all the flavors, ANDROID, IPHONE, and WINDOWS PHONE and TRUELY let us decide which one WE want.  Thanks for listenting...I hope. Smiley Happy

I wouldn't put it pass VZW to offer a mid-range WP8 device.  I know they are getting a Nokia 'Atlas' device and I'm not sure if that's the code name for the 820 or the 920.  AT&T will get the exclusive devices tomorrow (9/5); we'll have to wait to see what VZW announces at a later time.

0 Likes