Verizon: you have until June to stock another Windows Phone
AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

I love my Trophy but I'm sick of waiting for news on the Lumia 900 or Titan II coming to Verizon.  Two spectacular phone options for my favorite Phone OS (which will certainly upgrade to Windows Phone 8).  I also learned that Good will be providing support for Lumia series phones in Q2 2012 (ends June) which is what my company uses for corporate email.

If I don't have at least one other hardware option by then, I'm taking my wife and myself to AT&T.  You can check my account, I've been with Verizon since 2002 and up until this point have had no problems.  This lack of Windows Phone is ridiculous.  Take some of your people off the flood of Android certifications and put a few on a new WP7 device.

Who's with me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon: you have until June to stock another Windows Phone
BCD06
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel the same. The trophy is amazing, but it's amazing because of the software and less because of the hardware. For some reason Verizon is still reluctant to support a 4G enabled platform with the highest device-to-OS approval rating in their lineup. It probably makes sense to them, anyway...

Tidbits
Legend

Why wait?  Seems like empty threats to me...  I bet when June comes around you'll still be here, but not in these forums... 

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

Well, I'm no fan of windows phones but to each his own....I doubt VZW will be readig this post and racing to meet your deadline so you should probably just go to ATT now.  Honestly, unless people like you actually do leave VZW en masse and have a noticeable impact on revenue I would doubt that they'll do much of anything that they aren't currently doing or planning on doing.

0 Likes
AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

It's not a threat, it's a fact.  I'm not sure if this account will disappear but I'll gladly post once I have my new Nokia 900.  I've already been to an AT&T store and they promised they'd have a Nokia 900 demo model in by Monday.  If I fall in love it'll be sooner than June.

0 Likes
AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

Why are you in this forum if you're no fan of Windows Phone?  Oh because you're curious (or a bored fandroid).  Maybe if there was more than a 3 year old device (which is no longer in most stores) you might check it out and become a fan.  You also might end up hating it and knowing it's not for you, but you'll never know on Verizon.  I went to an AT&T store where the employees have already been trained on the latest WP7 phones (900 and Titan II) and were just as excited as I was.  They were actually disappointed they didn't have a demo device for me to try, but promised to have one on Monday.  I don't expect anyone with the authority to chose devices on Verizon's lineup to ever read this post, but I do expect people like you to read the title and get emotional, maybe stop by an AT&T store and check out what you're missing.  If you truly are a fandroid you'll just dismiss all of this anyways and no harm done, but if you're open minded I've planted a seed of curiosity that might grow into a similar ultimatum or choice.  In the end it's just a piece of equipment I use to keep in touch with people, but when I see people blindly using iPhone or Android it makes me think of the 1984 novel where everyone is manipulated to think the same (ironically Apple used this same theme to introduce the Macintosh in 1984).  I like WP7 and I just wish more people were exposed to it.  /endrant

bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

I'm laughing at the irony of you calling me a "fandroid" while you speak about "getting emotional" and hoping that your rant plants "seeds of curiousity" over Windows Phones..Fortunately, I am unaware of any names for the kool aid drinking folks in the Windows Phones cult ... For what its worth, I'm no "fandroid" and I hope that people DO play with ALL available options out there because that is what people should be doing. I responded to this particular post because I actually have toyed with Windows Phones and as I very simply stated, was no fan of them. In any case, you like WP7 and (at the moment) I like my droid...I'm simply happy to be in a world where such choices exist.

0 Likes
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

AtomicInternet wrote:

Why are you in this forum if you're no fan of Windows Phone?  Oh because you're curious (or a bored fandroid).  Maybe if there was more than a 3 year old device (which is no longer in most stores) you might check it out and become a fan.  You also might end up hating it and knowing it's not for you, but you'll never know on Verizon.  I went to an AT&T store where the employees have already been trained on the latest WP7 phones (900 and Titan II) and were just as excited as I was.  They were actually disappointed they didn't have a demo device for me to try, but promised to have one on Monday.  I don't expect anyone with the authority to chose devices on Verizon's lineup to ever read this post, but I do expect people like you to read the title and get emotional, maybe stop by an AT&T store and check out what you're missing.  If you truly are a fandroid you'll just dismiss all of this anyways and no harm done, but if you're open minded I've planted a seed of curiosity that might grow into a similar ultimatum or choice.  In the end it's just a piece of equipment I use to keep in touch with people, but when I see people blindly using iPhone or Android it makes me think of the 1984 novel where everyone is manipulated to think the same (ironically Apple used this same theme to introduce the Macintosh in 1984).  I like WP7 and I just wish more people were exposed to it.  /endrant

don't feed the trolls.

AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

The first part of your reply confused me, but then it got somewhat logical.  I'm not sure what taking unrelated parts of a thought, putting them in quotes, then reordering them is supposed to convey but maybe I'm just missing it.  I'm also glad to see you got emotional enough to try and slam my post which was the point of the title in the first place.

Here's some light reading about fanboys if you're so inclined.

http://gizmodo.com/5896243/the-fanboy-and-the-phone-a-lovehate-story

bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

Wow...I guess I need to work on my posting skills because there was no "slam" intended.  You didn't stir much of any emotion in me other than amusement at someone who went on a rant and called me a "bored fandroid" merely because I said "I'm no fan of windows phones."  As I said, I encourage people to make choices based on what works for them and I am happy Windows Phones work for you.

This is starting to feel a bit like the texting that occurs between teenage girls so I won't carry on ...(slam intended)

0 Likes