Touch Screen not responding
mull6783

I have a 928 and the screen will not respond to anything.  When I first received the phone it acted like this, however I was able to get it to respond with a few tricks I learned on Google.  The phone worked for about 3 weeks and when I was on vacation it froze up again. The phone had pictures from vacation I was not able to get off or it.  I tried both soft and hard reset on the phone is still not responding.  Luckily I have my old iphone, which I was able to switch back too. 

I need to know how to get this phone fixed or replaced.  I got the phone online so my local Verizon dealer said they would not replace it.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Touch Screen not responding
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

All devices come with a one year warranty.  If it is not functioning properly, then call CS and have them replace it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Touch Screen not responding
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Call Verizon customer service and they should be able to get you a replacement... as long as there is no physical or water damage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear mull6783,

Good morning. I am sorry to learn of the difficulites you have been experiencing with your device. I know the importance of having a working device. What software version do you currently have? To check sofware on your phone http://vz.to/19It82Q

I understand the store location you visited would not replace the phone. When did you purchase the phone? Is there any physical or water damage to your phone? When you tried doing a hard reset on your phone, did you get a certain error message?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
mull6783

I cannot access my phone , so I do not know what version of software I have.  I purchased the phone online on September 3, 2013.  There is not any physical or water damage to it and I have tried hard reset about ten times.  It will reset, however the touch screen will not work to try and unlock it.

0 Likes
bobbiebenedict

My Lumina 928 has been a complete disappointment and one problems after another since we got it , however the biggest problems started  AFTER the 14 days replacement period. Today every time I got a call it disconnected the caller and sent them to voicemail repeatedly. Then the screen froze. My husband called on his 928 which is also giving him same issues and they told us to hold down both the volume key on the right side and the power key under it at the same time for a few moments and it reset the phone. I am also having issues with audio, no reception in places all my Android phones and Iphone in the past picked up, and many other problems. I am NOT HAPPY right now. And it is impossible to find an email to complain about this to anyone.We have been with Verizon many years and our monthly Family Bill is over $400 a month and yet we are stuck with phones that are inferior after all this time of us being loyal customers. Great way to REPAY us Verizon !!!!!!!!!!

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

All devices come with a one year warranty.  If it is not functioning properly, then call CS and have them replace it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Having the same problem!!! How do you remove the back???

0 Likes
bobbiebenedict

that does not help if the phone does not have reception ...if it is one phone not having service in places I have always received service ...then short of buying an Android... we seem to be stuck with this one.

0 Likes
bobbiebenedict

I do not think we are supposed to remove the back... the battery is built in,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bobbiebenedict, I am sorry to hear about your device. We want you to love your phone. How long have you been having reception issues? Have you tried this : http://vz.to/1bN52Zl and retested? Please keep us posted on this.

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes