Strange Picture Message Behavior
gregory_ellson
Enthusiast - Level 2

My 928 has had a very odd issue when receiving picture messages for the last couple of weeks. When somebody sends me a single picture message, I will never receive it. However, if another picture is sent to me shortly after the first, I will receive the second picture and any more that are sent within a few minutes of each other. After some time, my ability to receive pictures "turns off" again and the cycle repeats. I am using the default messaging application within Windows Phone. Third party apps that use data such as WhatsApp do not have this issue. I hoped this was some kind of network issue, but the problem has persisted. Does anybody have any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Strange Picture Message Behavior
gregory_ellson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tony,

I took the liberty of hard resetting the phone, and the issue seems to be resolved for now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi gregory.ellson!
I use picture messaging all the time, and would love to help you with this issue. I'd like to ask a couple questions about this. When did the issue begin? Are you able to send with no problem? You mentioned that after some time, you are not able to receive pictures at all, and the cycle repeats until another picture comes in. Please power the device off/on and send a picture to your own mobile number. This will test both the incoming and outgoing picture message capability of your device. Keep me posted on the results, and please provide the answers to the questions I posed. I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this, thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gregory_ellson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Christina,

This problem began approximately three weeks ago, I don't have an exact date. I am able to send pictures with no issues. The problem is the same when sending myself a photo. For example, I sent myself a picture at 17:28. One minute later, I send myself another picture. The second picture was received almost instantly. The first was never received. After some time of not receiving any pictures, the cycle resets and another photo must be sent to me before I can begin to receive any.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's really strange and I have not come across this concern with the Lumia 928. If you power cycle the phone, does the message that initially didn't come through then show up?

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
gregory_ellson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tamara,

If I power cycle the phone, nothing happens. The pictures that were not received are lost and I never get them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gregory.ellson,

I am very sorry to hear that you are still having issues. The next step to check on this would be going the route of a hard reset http://vz.to/151d8oM. We probably would want to avoid going to that directly just for convienience sake. I would suggest taking phone to a local store vzw.com/storelocator to be checked out and see if there is anything noticed there. Keep us updated so we can make sure that you get the original message.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW

0 Likes
gregory_ellson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tony,

I took the liberty of hard resetting the phone, and the issue seems to be resolved for now.

0 Likes