Simple Question - Mango Related
dfeagin

so for all of those with the HTC Trophy and Windows Mobile 7 - the next update will work with this phone correct? I just want to make sure if I run out and purchase this phone that I am set for the update when it comes out later this year.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Simple Question - Mango Related
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

NOPE!!!

Updates no longer have to deal with Verizon or any carrier supporting Windows Phone 7.  That's the beauty of this phone and the solidness of the security going into this phone.

ALL WINDOWS PHONE 7 UPDATES WILL BE PUSHED FROM MICROSOFT AND ONLY THROUGH THE ZUNE DESKTOP SOFTWARE!!!

That's probably another reason why Verizon hates this phone... all they were allowed to do was change the tiles to red and create a cheezy app that tells you about your account, minutes, text, etc.... Thank God!!!  My last HTC Imagio had so much Verizon/VZone junk it hogged the system down.

Windows Phone 7 OS is as smooth as it can get, simple, easy and fun.  Mango is just going to take the user's experience to the next level.  Even better; Pandora, Skype and countless of other Websites/Vendors will have there apps ready to download through Zune Marketplace or Zune Desktop Software on the release date for Mango. 

I hope MyLookout internet security will have there app ready for Mango. I loved there free firewall/anti-virus/backup/find phone software with WinMobile 6.5!!!  I can't wait for MANGO!!! 

Just got my desktop cradle for the phone and it's SWEET!!!

TheJester77

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chudster94
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to what's been reported, Mango will run on all current WP7 devices. The only question is, how long will each carrier wait to roll out the update after it's available? Given that VZW's WP7 device is out all of 1 week, infer what you will....

0 Likes
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

NOPE!!!

Updates no longer have to deal with Verizon or any carrier supporting Windows Phone 7.  That's the beauty of this phone and the solidness of the security going into this phone.

ALL WINDOWS PHONE 7 UPDATES WILL BE PUSHED FROM MICROSOFT AND ONLY THROUGH THE ZUNE DESKTOP SOFTWARE!!!

That's probably another reason why Verizon hates this phone... all they were allowed to do was change the tiles to red and create a cheezy app that tells you about your account, minutes, text, etc.... Thank God!!!  My last HTC Imagio had so much Verizon/VZone junk it hogged the system down.

Windows Phone 7 OS is as smooth as it can get, simple, easy and fun.  Mango is just going to take the user's experience to the next level.  Even better; Pandora, Skype and countless of other Websites/Vendors will have there apps ready to download through Zune Marketplace or Zune Desktop Software on the release date for Mango. 

I hope MyLookout internet security will have there app ready for Mango. I loved there free firewall/anti-virus/backup/find phone software with WinMobile 6.5!!!  I can't wait for MANGO!!! 

Just got my desktop cradle for the phone and it's SWEET!!!

TheJester77

0 Likes
chudster94
Enthusiast - Level 3

TheJester77 wrote:

NOPE!!!

TheJester77

Starting when, with Mango? Do you have a link documenting this?

0 Likes
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

Let me look...

But if you just GOOGLE:  Microsoft Windows Phone 7 Mango Overview...

You will see everything your heart desires and much much more...  Including photos, videos, interviews, and OEM companies breakdowning there exciting experiences not only in the testing side, but the programming side of Windows Phone 7 OS as well. The one thing I love about this phone is the PRACTICAL USE of the phone and the applications on it.

My father is a great example...  he hates learning things on computers, I almost have to bribe him into learning the stupid basics.  We both had the HTC Imagio and everyday he would ask me how do you do this, do that...  Read the book, damnit!!!  LOL

Anyways, after forcing him to look at only 4 pages of information in the manual... he is jamming away at this phone, not having to pull out his glasses to look at the numbers on the screen and he has no problem using the phone or moving through the phone unlike WinMobile 6.5.

This phone is so easy, that a CAVEMAN could do it... LOL

TheJester77

0 Likes
dfeagin
0 Likes
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
chudster94
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Jester, but I've already read a ton about features that will be forthcoming with Mango. What I was looking for specifically is something that says that the update will be downloadable via Zune Marketplace.

0 Likes
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

Zune On Windows Phone 7

http://www.zune.net/en-US/products/windowsphone7/default.htm

RIght Side of Page In The Middle:  Get the latest Windows Phone 7 updates

Also, the 3 links I gave you above also cover it too... :smileyhappy:

TheJester77

0 Likes
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

Getting Updates For Your Windows Phone 7

http://www.zune.net/en-US/support/zunesoftware/gettingstarted/windowsphoneupdates.htm

When updates for your Windows Phone 7 are available, you'll see a prompt on your phone. You'll need to use the Zune software to install updates.

To install an update for your Windows Phone 7

1. Start the Zune software.

2. Connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable.

3. When Zune prompts you to install updates, click Update Now and follow the on-screen instructions.

You can also check for updates by going to Settings, Phone, Update. If an update is available, click Update.

Image: Windows Phone 7 updates

Note

You must have the latest version of the Zune software before you can update your Windows Phone 7. If an update is available for the Zune software, you will be prompted to update it before you can update your phone.

TheJester77

0 Likes