Screen issues after update to Denim.
Jon651

I updated to WP 8,1 Denim on my Lumia 928 just as soon as it was offered on the  phone.  Since loading Denim, every few days my screen becomes erratic, switching between apps and screens without any touch input. Only a soft boot will fix the problem until it starts again after another few days.  This may (?) also be effecting my Bluetooth connectivity as I now have also been losing connection with my truck (Chevy) that also never happened prior to this upgrade. I have switched the touch sensitivity between Normal and High with no apparent change.

The previous version(s) of WP was very, very stable without a single crash in the year since I had the phone.

OS Version 8.10.14203.306

Firmware Revision 3051.50009.1446.0093

I have not used the Reset Phone button yet because I don't know just how big of a hassle it would be to start all over again with a blank slate.

Any assistance would be genuinely appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Screen issues after update to Denim.
Jon651

I hate to reply to my own post, but there a few more issues I meant to list that I neglected to put in.

* Touch input and screen response is slightly slower with the Denim update than before. Scrolling is slightly slower than before.

* Automatic checking for phone updates fails, with error message stating I am not connected to the internet (yes, I am). Updates must be checked for manually.

* Weather app will not update on lock screen or on glance screen (peek) unless I manually open the app (yes all settings are correct to allow it to run and update in the background).

I'm pretty sure that there are others I haven't yet come across.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jon651,

I understand how frustrating these issues can be, but we're here to help now. Please perform a soft reset, press and hold Power Volume down at the sime time until phone vibrates, then release. Turn Off Glance in Settings. Please delete all applications recenyly downloaded and make sure there aren't any running. Let us know if it improves.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Jon651

Greetings,

Thank you for your advice. However, deleting apps and performing soft resets (2) did not solve my issues. All problems reoccurred after 2-3 days of these suggested solutions. However, a factory reset and fresh re-load of Denim appears to have made my phone more stable. The screen behavior and app behaviors have not reoccurred since, and I am hopeful that this will be the new normal. I will return if any of my issues persist.

Cheers – Jonathan Race

0 Likes