Restarts randomly
dperilli

Not only is my Nokia restarting on its own, my touch screen goes unresponsive randomly until i do a physical restart.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Restarts randomly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dperilli,

Thanks for the info. Did you notice these issues starting after downloading any specific apps? If so I would suggest removing said app. Please check how much storage you have remaining and if getting close to full follow this: Settings > Storage Check > swipe left to Details. Also try clearing any temporary internet files. If you do not see any improvement after checking and removing and neccessary files, then preforming a hard reset would  be next http://vz.to/151d8oM. Keep us updated on this.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've had my touchscreen go unresponsive.  Frustrating.  How often does this happen?  Is the phone still under warranty?  A warranty replacement may not be any better, and if it isn't happening too often, it may be wiser to  reboot as needed.  I don't know what causes the freeze.  I've heard that if you have the double tap to wake up or Glance enabled, the phone is more likely to freeze.

Mine has done it twice - I do have Glance enabled, but not double tap.  Waiting to see if it happens again...

Wish I had something more to offer you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dperilli,

Thanks for the info. We are passionate about ensuring that you are able to use your device to its maximum potential. It will be my pleasure to help with your Lumia 928. Let's start with is there any physical or liquid damage on the phone? Also, what software version are you using? Can I assume that you are using the original battery and charger on the device? As you share the details of the issue then we can customize a solution for you. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
dperilli

This phone is basically out of the box new, soon as I got it I bot an extremely good case there is no physical damage to the phone or liquid damage that I know of. Why should I have to go through all this trouble for this phone? It freezes once a day and restarts twice a day.

0 Likes
dperilli

I do not have glance or double tap enabled

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@dperilli,

I definitely want to help get your phone working properly! I can imagine how frustrating these random restarts must be for you.

This is why we are asking these questions. When did you start noticing the issue with the phone? Does it freeze when accessing certain apps?

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
dperilli

These issues started about a month ago, and they do not happen while I have an app open, they just happen either while its locked or on the main screen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dperilli,

Thanks for the info. Did you notice these issues starting after downloading any specific apps? If so I would suggest removing said app. Please check how much storage you have remaining and if getting close to full follow this: Settings > Storage Check > swipe left to Details. Also try clearing any temporary internet files. If you do not see any improvement after checking and removing and neccessary files, then preforming a hard reset would  be next http://vz.to/151d8oM. Keep us updated on this.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW

0 Likes