Problems with the My Verizon Mobile Application on the HTC Trophy
Jsybird2532
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good, I got your attention (even better if you're an official VZW tech support agent here)...

I used to use My Verizon Mobile primarily to track, solely in curiousity as I iust happen to have a grandfathered unlimited data plan, how much data I've used in the current billing cycle on my phone, in addition to the number of minutes I've used.  I'm sure other users use it for similar reasons and to do other tasks, such as pay their bill as well.  However, I recently uninstalled the application on my phone due to a horrible "update", if you can even call it that, that Verizon Wireless (or whomever the higher-ups in Verizon Wireless contract for application development on Windows Phone 7) pushed out to the Windows Phone Marketplace.  The application, before this update, worked fine (for all of its in-built functions, over both WIFI and 3G, as I hear from others), albeit with decently designed, but non-metro style user interface.  So, when I noticed that an update to My Verizon Mobile was available on the Windows Phone Marketplace that supposedly improved the user interface and fixed some bugs according to the release notes, I obliged and performed the update, assuming that the app was likely updated with metro UI (just as the Verizon Wireless Website was recently updated with a UI reminiscent of metro a few months ago, as you can see above).  However, upon opening the app, instead of a better user interface, I was presented with a downgrade; a horrid WAP-brower-esque interface that barely works and literally flickers like an old television screen upon moving from menu to menu.  Additionally, I've noticed that the Graphic for the My Verizon Mobile live tile is completely messed up, and I've heard from other users that the app doesn't work on WIFI anymore.  I deleted the app off my phone because the update was so bad.  You can read more about this on WPCentral (and see some screenshots) if you're curious.  I've additionally attached the screenshot comparison of the homescreens of the two apps from the article to this posting.

http://www.wpcentral.com/my-verizon-mobile-receives-makeover-goes-horribly-wrong

So Verizon techs, could you please tell us what happened?  Was there a bug that prevented specific users from using the application?  Did your contract with the developer of the original application run out, forcing you to push out a new application on the marketplace (If that is what occured, I'm sure there are plenty of independent developers, even here, that could develop a great replacement application for alot less, maybe even just for a free phone bill for a few months if you provide an API for them to work with)?  If you don't know, could you please talk to higher-ups to figure out what happened or let the higher-ups know that service like this is unacceptable?  Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with the My Verizon Mobile Application on the HTC Trophy
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Who's attention are you trying to get? This is a customer peer to peer forum where customers help other users with their questions.

There are some VZW employees from their social media team that can assist when the users don't have any suggestions or answers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

The My Verizon Mobile APP just ran an update for me 3 days ago and, as of today, works as advertised.  Maybe the old Windows Fix of "uninstall and reinstall" may correct the problem?  You may also be able to get 1 of the 2 Tech Support people at VZW who know Windows Phones to help. 

0 Likes
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

MadDogFL62 wrote:

The My Verizon Mobile APP just ran an update for me 3 days ago and, as of today, works as advertised.  Maybe the old Windows Fix of "uninstall and reinstall" may correct the problem?  You may also be able to get 1 of the 2 Tech Support people at VZW who know Windows Phones to help. 

You're saying you don't see that crappy WAP-style layout shown in the OP's post? dang maybe I will try an uninstall/reinstall... weird.

0 Likes
AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

Agreed, worst app update ever.  Also agree, nobody from VZ looks here, it's just us bastard Trophy owners.

0 Likes