Re: Please Bring Back Group Messaging in Windows Phone 8
LanceA

I called HTC about this issue and they told me Verizon told them to remove this feature.  I then called Samsung and Nokia and they confirmed that Verizon told them to remove this feature on the new Windows Phones.  I love the windows phone but until they add this back on I won't be buying one.  And if I could go to At&t I would but the service doesn't work where I'm at. 

0 Likes
egarton0425

That's puts windows phones in a bad position, they're great phones but Verizon is literally staining their W8 reputation by removing the group messaging feature. I will absolutely leave Verizon coming this October, this shouldn't be an issue...it's 2013, not 1992.

0 Likes
studboltgkw

I agree.  I just purchased the Nokia 822 and found out real quickly that the Group Texting function didn't work in the same thread.  I am within the 14 day window, so I am going to return it.  It is a shame because I really like the Windows phone.  I am also looking to switching to another service provider in order to use the Windows phone.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Seeing that support doesn't want to respond to this tread, it's best to post on VZW Facebook page or file a complaint with the FCC that VZW is crippling the os/phone in other to force customer to use their own app (which doesn't exist on WP) instead.

0 Likes
CmdrKeene
Enthusiast - Level 1

Microsoft has included group messaging on Windows Phone, but Verizon removes it from the software installation they use.

The "Group Text" option you see below has been removed by Verizon.  They just won't tell us why.

http://i0.wp.com/skeene.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/WindowsPhoneGroupChat.png

I wrote a post asking for suggestions:  http://skeene.net/tech/verizon-cripples-group-communication/

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Being VZW won't respond to requests from their customers; maybe they will respond to FCC and BBB requests instead.  If you want to see group messaging re-enabled in WP8 file a complaint with the BBB and the FCC.

0 Likes
CmdrKeene
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have, and will encourage everyone I know to do the same.

I hope to at least receive a response from them but I am not hopeful it will amount to much. I'm sure they are legally allowed to provide terrible service and remove all the features they want.  I guess I just need to face it, I'm a sucker for paying them money and expecting them to let me actually communicate with my friends and family.

0 Likes
LookingSB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, in today's business we need Group Messaging.  Please provide a solution quickly or we will have to cancel our accounts and move to a carrier that provides the services we need.  

primortal
Master - Level 1

Your post is falling on deaf ears, only customers who are here are in agreement with bringing back group messaging.  File a complaint with the BBB and the FCC those complaints will be heard by VZW.

0 Likes
snowgoblin

Yes.  We need this feature.  It is very annoying not to have it.Smiley Sad

0 Likes