Omnia II Memory problems
btr5

I have an Omnia II with significant memory problems.

I basically can no longer send or receive text messages, emails, etc.  The only thing I can do reliably is make calls.

I think it has something to do with my cemail.vol file being too large (I never delete any of my texts, or at least not up to now).

I tried to do a "delete all" now and it just took an hour to eventually crash and nothing was deleted.

I also tried to just delete a few text messages and it won't even let me do that.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I could fix this.

I've tried deleting or renaming the cemail.vol, and the file is protected and won't let me.  I've also done a soft reset.

Any help would be appreciated.

btr5

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Omnia II Memory problems
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello btr5,

Thank you for sharing your concern with the community. I am eager to assist you with this issue since Windows Mobile is one of my favorite mobile platforms. May I ask how much available memory does the device currently have? It is important that the initial amount of available memory is documented because it will help us determine how much memory we have freed up when we are done. I have posted some steps below to help you free up some memory on your device.

1.  Move pictures, videos, and/or music to a memory card.

2.  Uninstall any 3rd party apps that isn't being used. 

3.  Review and update the contact list.

4.  In the App Market, you change the default install location of your downloaded apps to your memory card.

5.  Erase text messages. (From the Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, Sent Items, & the deleted items icon)

6.  Move any unused apps to storage. (Go to My Files > My device > Program files > erased or move any unused apps to storage)

7.  Clear the web browser's cookies, cache, & history.

8.  Erased any auto-saved attachments from emails in the Attachments folder. 

Here is a video that will provide a visual on how to transfer files on the Samsung Omnia II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKtlieEfEQs

In your original statement, you confirmed that you were unable to erase the text messages from the inbox. May I ask have you tried to erase the text messages in smaller quantities in opposed to the entire threaded message? For example, try erasing some messages in smaller quantities like in groups of tens. Once you have completed this processes, please verify if there has been an increase in your available memory on the device. If not then feel free to reply to this message so I can further assist. 

Thank you...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Try using a memory cleaner like "cleanRam or SKTools" to first clean the device. Then go back to your Text>Menu>and Delete All. make sure it deleted every thing. This device saves sent messages as well by default. the above tools an be obtain for the net with a simple search.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello btr5,

Thank you for sharing your concern with the community. I am eager to assist you with this issue since Windows Mobile is one of my favorite mobile platforms. May I ask how much available memory does the device currently have? It is important that the initial amount of available memory is documented because it will help us determine how much memory we have freed up when we are done. I have posted some steps below to help you free up some memory on your device.

1.  Move pictures, videos, and/or music to a memory card.

2.  Uninstall any 3rd party apps that isn't being used. 

3.  Review and update the contact list.

4.  In the App Market, you change the default install location of your downloaded apps to your memory card.

5.  Erase text messages. (From the Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, Sent Items, & the deleted items icon)

6.  Move any unused apps to storage. (Go to My Files > My device > Program files > erased or move any unused apps to storage)

7.  Clear the web browser's cookies, cache, & history.

8.  Erased any auto-saved attachments from emails in the Attachments folder. 

Here is a video that will provide a visual on how to transfer files on the Samsung Omnia II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKtlieEfEQs

In your original statement, you confirmed that you were unable to erase the text messages from the inbox. May I ask have you tried to erase the text messages in smaller quantities in opposed to the entire threaded message? For example, try erasing some messages in smaller quantities like in groups of tens. Once you have completed this processes, please verify if there has been an increase in your available memory on the device. If not then feel free to reply to this message so I can further assist. 

Thank you...

0 Likes