Nokia Lumia 928 Freezes Up....
mcre714

After only having my phone for 2 months I have daily issues with this phone freezing up.  So much that I couldn't unfreeze it, so I go to the Verizon store for help and they couldn't fix it.  The store tells me that they will have to order a "RECONDITIONED" phone.... By the way we have to order it online and you will have it next day, in real time I received the phone 4 days later....  Awesome....  By the way I still have to pay my cell phone bill even though I don't have one to use....  Verizon I think there has to be a better way to service your customer by stocking phones at the stores and if I have a phone 2 months and you should replace with new!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nokia Lumia 928 Freezes Up....
NetbookJetset
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a problem with my phone freezing up. The touch screen didn't respond to touch at all. I found that overcharging will affect the windows phone software.  Don't ever overcharge over 2 hours. I fixed it by activating camera mode on the side button and ignoring the phone for 8 hours until the power was less than 20%. Then I recharged it and it has been fine.

I am glad it fixed itself as I have no insurance on it. I recommend insurance for peace of mind.

0 Likes
TRILEY0821
Enthusiast - Level 1

If your phone freezes up, you just have to hold down two buttons at the same time until your phone restarts. The two buttons are the down volume button and the power button. I would almost guarantee that your first phone could have been saved by doing this because most Verizon employees are not familiar with the windows phone and are only "techy" for the iphone and some droid models. Ignoring your phone for a period of time does not solve the problem like the first reply stated. I had my phone frozen for almost a full day before I figured out how to reboot it. Hope this is helpful for you in the future!

wooz160

Thank You so much it works!!

0 Likes
jaxom10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just want to point out that this is not a solution, this is a TEMPORARY fix. My phone is having the same freezing problems (along with 3 other major issues) and Verizon's answer was to send me a new phone with a new set of problems. Yes, you can reset your phone by pressing the power and the volume-down buttons for ~10 seconds, but this doesn't fix the problem. Rather, it just resets the countdown until it happens again.

Verizon (and believe me I have posted this on the Windows forums as well) - I challenge you to fix the multitude of issues with the Nokia Lumia 928. It is a great phone with what seems like very fixable problems.

0 Likes
jrzgirl292

My phone has been freesing too. Now it won't even turn on though. Verizon of course is making things way too difficult. We paid to have a replacement shipped overnight but it never showed up. We are so fed up with not having a working phone. We got this one on an early upgrade just a few months ago because our last phone broke and would not turn on any more. About ready to leave Verizon since they refuse to help and have been generally rude to us about this whole situation.

0 Likes
Boomerham2

This phone is absolute garbage. Mine has been locking up since day 1. And yes if you go to a store for help do not expect much. They don't give a rats ass once you have bought the phone,  for the next 2 years you are nothing to them. All they can do is order another same piece of junk phone and switch it out for you and you take your chances that one may work. This is my final Verizon phone and I am done with this worthless company.

0 Likes
jrzgirl292

Well even though my over nighted phone has yet to arrive Verizon finally did something to fix the problem. After talking to many different customer service reps we finally got someone to help us today. I received yet another early upgrade to get a new phone in the store at a discounted price. Even though we dealt with some not so nice people along this frustrating path, we finally were able to replace the phone with a working phone (Samsung S4 mini). Thank you to the great woman in the Georgia call center for helping us!

0 Likes
rmcj

I am posting just to contribute to the documentation that this is a real problem, and Verizon/Nokia should acknowledge and do something about it.
I'm on my second 928, the first died during a hard reset. The new one (about 6 weeks old now) has been freezing a couple times a week, I can't power it off because the touchscreen will not respond, it takes about 20 minutes of repeatedly pressing/holding prescribed power/ volume / camera buttons before it will restart. When it does come back up, the display color is wacked (like an old CRT with one color missing), it takes 2 or 3 subsequent restarts to get that right again.

Definitely not heat or Bluetooth related (today it happened when I picked phone up after an hour of non-use, & I don't use Bluetooth at all)

Whether software or hardware, this is definitely not just me, and not just you. The behavior described by others above often exactly matches what I am experiencing. 

Extremely frustrating.

(BTW, when I took my first 928 back, I'd had it for <2 mos. and it had a small crack in the screen. I had to pay another $100 deductible to have insurance cover it, even though the problem was definitely not related to the crack)

0 Likes
historybuff94
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much for your post!  It was very helpful, nothing else I tried worked and this did!  Thanks again!!

0 Likes