Nokia 928 brand new froze and went black
DC2SD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got my new Nokia 928 two days ago and have followed all the tips and help, although a Users Manual would have been nice. Until now there hasn't been any problems.

I used one of the apps installed on the phone - HERE CITY LENS - and went through the authorizations and stuff.  The map appeared and it asked me to move the phone in a Figure 8 movement to calibrate the compass.  So I did that about 5 times and a list of eateries appeared.  Since the place I wanted wasn't on the list I did a search and had no problems except it must have asked me to calibrate the compass at least 3-4 more times in the middle of trying to read the list.

I found the deli I wanted and It let me hit the link (or whatever it is) to dial the deli and the screen flashed and went black. I had no clue what was wrong so I thought I'd just power the phone off completely.  Held the power button down and the the screen flashed a few times really quickly and kept going black. The screen wouldn't do anything - no lights, no nothing.

Since there is not a User's Manual there hasn't been anything I've seen about what to do when the phone throws a fit.  I did see you can't open it and pull the battery to re-boot. After about a minute of trying to power the phone off, I decided to skip eating and head home. 

About 2 minutes later without me touching the phone, the lock screen popped up and I tried to power it off which was successful.  The phone went off and when I got home about 10 mins. later I powered it on.  It came on like normal.  I don't know what the problem is...whether its the phone or the app or the battery (which showed it still had 65% remaining juice).

I'm really not interested in a phone that is already having issues just 2 days after I bought it.  If this thing already requires soft or hard resets, then we have a problem.  My Blackberry was almost 5 years old and still kicking so that's all I have to compare this 928 with...

Sorry this is so long, I could never tell a story in 25 words or less...Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nokia 928 brand new froze and went black
DC2SD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well this was as helpful as nothing.  I guess I'll haul the 928 back to the store so they can dance around and waste more time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DC2SD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well this was as helpful as nothing.  I guess I'll haul the 928 back to the store so they can dance around and waste more time.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer forum. Not every post is responded to immediately or quickly.

The full user manual is available online. Phones aren't packaged with the 600+ pg manual anymore.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Not to mention, if a response hasn't been given, apparently nobody knows the solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to enjoy your 928 DC2SD! We can complete a few troubleshooting steps in effort to resolve this. You have 14 days from purchase to exchange the device if desired. Did you take your device to the store already? Please share so I may further assist accordingly. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes