My phone cannot connect to any wifi after it has been doing it fine all along. I have tried everything, soft restart, remove and replace sim card, reset to factory settings. It sees the networks fine but cannot connect. argh!!!!! Any suggestions?
Trader1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone cannot connect to any wifi after it has been doing it fine all along. I have tried everything, soft restart, remove and replace sim card, reset to factory settings. It sees the networks fine but cannot connect. argh!!!!! Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My phone cannot connect to any wifi after it has been doing it fine all along. I have tried everything, soft restart, remove and replace sim card, reset to factory settings. It sees the networks fine but cannot connect. argh!!!!! Any suggestions?
primortal
Master - Level 1

Thanks, that's the model "Windows 8X"

Last resort you can see if the Windows Phone Recovery tool helps, FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA It will reinstall the OS; basically wiping the phone of all its data back to factory reset.

If that doesn't work you might have to get the phone replaced.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My phone cannot connect to any wifi after it has been doing it fine all along. I have tried everything, soft restart, remove and replace sim card, reset to factory settings. It sees the networks fine but cannot connect. argh!!!!! Any suggestions?
primortal
Master - Level 1

What Windows Phone would this be you're having problems with?

0 Likes
Trader1
Enthusiast - Level 2

HTC

0 Likes
ChiefPopeye
Enthusiast - Level 3

HTC  what?

also some thoughts. are you having trouble connecting any other devices to this network. can you go somewhere that offers free wifi and connect there or is it still the same issue?

0 Likes
Trader1
Enthusiast - Level 2

windows phone8

0 Likes
Trader1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done that. It sees any and all wifis available but does not connect.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Any error messages displayed when the phone doesn't connect?  Is this a home WiFi?  If so have you rebooted the router?

0 Likes
Trader1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The message is Your phone cannot connect to wifi ....

It gives me this message no matter whose wifi it is. And yes, I reset my home network.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Try going to settings an turn off wifi, wait a minute or so and turn it on.  See if it connects.

I know you say you have an HTC, HTC what; they all have specific model names?  Like the Lumia 735, Lumia Icon, Lumia 950; they aren't just Lumia

0 Likes
Trader1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done that numerous times.

I'm looking for model no. Everything says HTC Windows 8X

0 Likes