Re: My 822 now says, "ERROR: Unable to find bootable option. Press any key to shut down." Just happened after my phone froze. Everything I've searched says to replace the phone. I have no phone in or out, no alarm....what is going on with this? I see ot
AlastorX50
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please Contact Nokia for more information, they are very good about servicing software issues even out of warranty.

From posts of where customers have received their phones are saying the have new motherboards in their phones.

unable to find bootable option - Microsoft Community

Nokia: 1-888-665 4228

0 Likes
Re: My 822 now says, "ERROR: Unable to find bootable option. Press any key to shut down." Just happened after my phone froze. Everything I've searched says to replace the phone. I have no phone in or out, no alarm....what is going on with this? I see ot
AlastorX50
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please Contact Nokia for more information, they are very good about servicing software issues even out of warranty.

From posts of where customers have received their phones are saying the have new motherboards in their phones.

unable to find bootable option - Microsoft Community

Nokia: 1-888-665 4228

0 Likes
AlastorX50
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nokia 822 ERROR: Unable to find bootable option.

Just want to let everyone know the situation was remedied by Verizon. There is no way to fix or reflash the phone so they sent me a new phone.

When I first contacted Verizon I was told that my phone was out of warranty and there was nothing they could do, but since my phone fried while in the midst of an update I was not keen on taking responsibility. After almost a week, Verizon agreed that since it was an issue with an update I was not at fault, and they decided to send me a replacement phone at no cost. Thank you Verizon.

The bottom line folks: If your 822 gets the "unable to find bootable" error your phone is toast, and there is nothing that can be done but replacement. They could make nice paperweights, though.

One thing I did learn in my research: Do not ever remove the battery from an 822 in the event of a phone freeze up. Do a soft reset instead. Quite a few people online report getting the "unable to find bootable" error immediately after pulling the battery.

0 Likes