Missed call tones even from silenced phone
fsukb

Even if I silence my 8x (ringer and vibrate) I get three tones from the phone if I miss a call. This does not seem to happen on my co-worker's 8x from T-Mobile, so does anyone know what the deal is with this? It sounds like the old school noise you would get when your call was dropped. And, it's horrible because I can't silence it no matter what (unless I turn off the phone).

THanks,

Kristin

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Missed call tones even from silenced phone
Rellik66
Enthusiast - Level 2

At the bottom of the ringtones + sounds setting is a an option to disable All other notifications, this should disable the missed calls alert.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EmilyLuke

I have the exact same problem!  I have played around on the settings, but i can't seem to keep it from playing the 3 tones if a call is missed.  This is completely unacceptable as I have the phone with me at all times, including business meetings where i need it to be completely silent.

0 Likes
Rellik66
Enthusiast - Level 2

At the bottom of the ringtones + sounds setting is a an option to disable All other notifications, this should disable the missed calls alert.

0 Likes
futebolbryant

This did NOT work for me.  Unchecked that box in settings, had a friend call me.  Same noise.  Adding this here in hopes to get a real solution.

0 Likes
Rellik66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well shoot, I thought it worked for me the first time I tried it, but this thread over at WP Central confirms that you're right, And I just tested it it.

The suggested workaround is to plug a set of wired headphones in, which seems to work.

0 Likes
ssks303

Same problem here.  I was actually just listening to music with my headphones and although the tones don't play through the external speaker, they do blare through my headphones....super loud! (volume was at 4) I'm not at all happy about this and hope it gets fixed soon.  I can see this being a deal breaker for folks who can't have their phones beeping when they miss calls or who want to preserve their hearing if they use headphones!!!

0 Likes
scurtis

I have the exact same problem and have turned off every setting that is associated with sounds!  If other carriers are silent, this is a Verizon problem and must be fixed!  Windows Phone 8x will be returning to Verizon stores in droves if it can not be silenced and on at the same time.

Please fix this issue!

0 Likes
Mer2780

Same problem and its quite annoying.

htc 8x purchased march 18 2013

0 Likes
Mer2780

I have called htc, verizon, and the verizon store i bought the phone at.

Since it doesnt interfere with the operation of the phone i was told it cannot be replaced. So much for worry free garuntee.

Also HTC tried to feed me some crap about the phone not being ment for sale in the US

0 Likes
futebolbryant

Yes it is annoying that this question is marked as answered when it is absolutely not answered.  Anyone know how to 'unanswer' it?

0 Likes