Manual update to 8107 for Trophy
jleebiker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I followed these instructions and was able to upgrade from 7720 to 8107 in about 10 minutes.

http://robertmclaws.com/updating-your-windows-phone-to-8107

Good luck!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Manual update to 8107 for Trophy
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

What are your impressions of it? disappearing keyboard issue really gone? anything else noteworthy?

0 Likes
jleebiker
Enthusiast - Level 3

The disappearing KB is pretty much gone for me. I haven't had that happen to me yet so far. Of course, I only did the process this morning so haven't had alot of time with it. So far though, I think the KB is more accurate then it was before.

I checked Gmail syncing. I never had any problems before. I sent myself an email and calendar appointment it was 5-10 seconds before I was getting them on my phone so that seems like it is still working.

I don't travel internationally so can't test those options. Everything else seems to be working just fine.

0 Likes
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

great info. thanks. I'm going to give VZW a little while to get

their act together then will be doing the same as you.

On 12.01.2012

14:52, jleebiker wrote:

RE: MANUAL UPDATE TO 8107 FOR TROPHY

created by jleebiker

in Windows Phone Discussions - View the full discussion

>

0 Likes
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Everybody...

Here's a 3rd party backup software for all who dread/hate thinking about losing there data, apps, texts, etc... before hard resetting your phone. http://ultimate-networx.net/?p=382&lang=en

I have used this many of times before manually updating my Windows Phone 7 because I can't wait for Verizon to decide if we should get an update or not... Or there excuse is test the update first before deciding if we need it.  Even worse, Verizon Tech's don't even know this phone or OS enough to know what to look for, so why should they have final decision over what we really need and that is our UPDATES...

I have manually updated my phone about a week ago to (7.10.8107) hoping that that would fix the data connection issue... It didn't, but the disappearing keyboard is now fixed Smiley Happy as well as other fixes to the OS which make the phone run so much better.  If you decided you can't wait for the keyboard fix update (7.10.8107), MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS and INSTALL THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND ANY OTHER LANGUAGE YOU HAVE CHECK MARKED IN THE KEYBOARD SETTINGS OF THE PHONE.  If not, you won't be able to access the calling features of the phone (meaning if you hit phone/verizon wireless icon it will hang and then go back to the home screen).  Also, you will have to update the phone to (7.10.7740.16) first (no language cabs needed).

That's where the backup software comes in handy, always and I mean always backup your phone first.  This 3rd party app only backs up the data, contacts, apps but No Zune Media (music, pictures or videos... but Zune remembers all your stuff so once you reconnect your phone back to Zune it will sync you files back to the phone) Smiley Happy

Now, the reason for this post.... Verizon knows of this issue and is going to be releasing a very important Software Update which will address our DATA/NETWORK PROBLEMS!!! 

Here's the link http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/trophy.html

And here's the version number that they will be releasing: 

new software update, 2305.13.20110.605; Radio: 1.53.00.12.01_23.17w.05.13U,

for your HTC Trophy with Windows® Phone.

Now the Million Dollar Question is this...  Is this update also going to have the disappearing keyboard fix... I don't know the answer 100% but the version numer is higher then (7.10.8107) I think...  the (2305.13.20110.605) is totally not a number that fall into suit with the rest of Microsoft's updates... And I have not seen this pop up in the Dude, Where's My Update App database...  So I'm thinking that someone at Verizon screwed this up when creating the PDF, which wouldn't surprise me since Verizon barely knows anything about this phone or OS.

TheJester77

0 Likes
aphrophyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

Certainly wont. I just turned my phones Airplane mode on, and set Cellular Data back to global and searched for updates on Zune and viola, it found the Radio update. It is listed as an HTC Update for Windows Phone. Maybe this trick might work for you as normally I have my radio set to CDMA only (i think it saves battery).

Here is a snap of the Update screen in Zune: http://twitpic.com/88zkzw

0 Likes
jleebiker
Enthusiast - Level 3

That (2305.13.20110.605) version number is actually for a diff carrier.

I just connected my Trophy to my PC and started Zune and had it check for an update and it didn't find any. Its showing version 7.10 (8107).

I don't think it will get the update at this point bc everything thinks it is current.

0 Likes
aphrophyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm on Mango 7720 and got just the HTC update. Tried updating again but got nothing. I supposed your forced state to 8107 may be breaking the ability to get the HTC update, if possible, roll back, try to get the HTC update and then force the 8107 again.

0 Likes
jleebiker
Enthusiast - Level 3

So are you saying nothing changed for you?

0 Likes
aphrophyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nada, never had any problems in the first place on original WP7 and on WP7 Mango.

0 Likes