Lumia Icon - why can't I see a 5GHz, 802.11 a/n/ac network that I have at my place of work?
JoeGerm

new network is online but my Lumia Icon can't even see it?

hardware specs say I should be able to see this type of network

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lumia Icon - why can't I see a 5GHz, 802.11 a/n/ac network that I have at my place of work?
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Agree with Primortal, sounds like the Work Wifi Settings on their router may be the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Lumia Icon - why can't I see a 5GHz, 802.11 a/n/ac network that I have at my place of work?
primortal
Master - Level 1

Is the wireless network broadcasting its SSID?

0 Likes
JoeGerm

yes - SSID is being broadcast

Joe Germanoski

Hail to Pitt!

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Must be something specific with that network.  I have no problem connecting to my 5Ghz a/n network at home.

0 Likes
Lindagraham49

I think the problem of not downloading things from the Play Store is related to the settings on my phone any suggestions?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like you have an Android.  This is a Windows phone thread.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

The Play store doesn't exist on Windows Phones.  Software downloads from the Microsoft Store will go over data if the download size isn't overly large.  If its than it would have to be done over Wi-Fi.

If you go to the Store app and tap on ... and select settings you'll see a setting Only get updates over Wi-Fi, if the setting is on it won't download any software over you data connection, only Wi-Fi.  If you turn it off it will use your data connection to get the update with the caveat that download size isn't large then it would have to go over Wi-Fi.

With all that said this wouldn't prevent your phone from connecting to your workpace Wi-Fi.  If the phone doesn't see the network via settings > Wi-Fi then there's probably something with the network prohibiting Windows Phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JoeGerm,

We definitely want you tobe able to connect to your wifi. Are you able to connect to other wifi networks? Have you tried to manually add the network onto the device?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Agree with Primortal, sounds like the Work Wifi Settings on their router may be the issue.

0 Likes