Lumia 822 updates returning error code 80072ee2
NTPrez

Purchased a Lumia 822 in January.  On the web, I see the current version of software for the 822 is 8.0.10211.204, hardware is 1532.5951.1250.1012  My phone is currently on 8.0.9905.12 and 1532.2108.1244.0003  It has not informed me I have any updates.  I have gone into settings and requested them manually.  I get a 80072ee2 message "We are currently unable to check for updates."  I made sure I had +40% battery and WiFi was turned on.  In May, I called Verizon, the tech didn't have a clue, got Nokia on the phone, they said it wasn't released for my area yet.  It's now over a month later, still getting the error message.  Does that mean the release (which has been out for AT&T customers since mid-December) still isn't available in my area yet?  Or do I have a problem with my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lumia 822 updates returning error code 80072ee2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello NTPrez

Yes the current software version is the 1012. It should have been pushed out to the device. I would recommend turning off Wifi and retest. If that doesn't work. Please perform a hard reset and retest. Here's how: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=66301

Let me know if this persists.

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Lumia 822 updates returning error code 80072ee2
NTPrez

Interesting--I always started the wireless BEFORE I tried downloading the updates.  This time, since you said turn off the wifi, I tried checking for the updates with the wifi off.  It prompted me to turn it on--AFTER it found the updates.  I did, it downloaded and updated to the current version just fine.  Things the directions DON'T tell you...  I still think it's odd that it never prompted me for the update even though I have checkmarked both "Tell me when updates are available for my phone" and "Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it", but at this point, I don't care.  <GRIN>

Thank you!

0 Likes